The 990's

So, why don't you guys post your impressions so far of SCV, the other corps, and DCI while I start pulling in the data for the Bluecoats.

Let me know that it's not just been Dan Acheson clicking his mouse 30,000 times, eh?

:shutup:/>

• Like 1

So, why don't you guys post your impressions so far of SCV, the other corps, and DCI while I start pulling in the data for the Bluecoats.

Let me know that it's not just been Dan Acheson clicking his mouse 30,000 times, eh?

:shutup:/>/>/>

I peeked at SCV before you posted and was impressed. I check this thread daily. Your executive summary approach and comparative figures are clear to me :bigsmile:/>

from a DCP poster that rarely has an opinion lol

• Like 1

shutup.gif/>

sounds like financially, SCV has their #### together better than anyone

• Like 1

SCV is a financial machine, that's for sure.

(And I didn't know you have been reading along. Where have you [and your snarky comments] been? :tongue:/>/> )

I have been reading along with 'much' interest. The factual information concerning the finances of SCV being presented by you in this thread is very informational (and I like it that you are doing the 990 deciphering and not the D-Ray :thumbup: ). As for my lack of snarkiness, how can I snark at factual information? Besides, I have always been very impre4ssed with the inner workings of SCV; I just had, and still have, a big problem with Fiedler crossing the altruistic fraternal line and choosing instead to be the Public Relations front man for the G7 proposal.

Interesting...

Below is the data from post #487 that shows SCV's "Program Service Revenue":

Tuition and Fees (Membership Fees)

2009: $428,857

2010: $442,786 (basically flat from 2009)

2011: $556,919 (plus $114,133 [25,7%] from 2010, similar from 2009)

Parades and Contests

2009: $174,733

2010: $185,955 (plus $11,222 [6.4%] from 2009)

2011: $203,317 (plus $17,362 [9.3%] from 2010, plus $28,584 [16.3%] from 2009

Audition Fees were consistent at between $53,000 and $58,000.

Tickets declined from $52,075 in 2009 to $46,566 in 2011.

Total Program Service Revenues

2009: $720,476

2010: $732,975 (basically flat from 2009)

2011: $863,677 (plus $130,702 [17.8%] from 2010, similar from 2009)

...and in 2011, Total Revenue was $3,945,429.

Which means that Program Service Revenue, the "gate" that SCV derives from fans paying to see them, plus the membership and audition fees, represents just under 22% of SCV's revenue.

And, if SCV stopped performing parades and contests entirely, they would lose only $203,000 (Parades and Contests), or slightly more than 5%, of their income.

With no intention of derailing my own thread...

There are several discussions going on in other threads about the G7. In reading and posting in those threads it would be worthwhile to recognize that "the paying fans" make, at least in SCV's case, a very small contribution to the finances of the corps. The cold realtity is that SCV could lose its entire fan base, survive quite nicely indeed, and use its massive remaining revenue of over $3-million a year to zag and build an entirely new fan base from a different idiom. Any new revenue those new fans contribute to their bottom line would be mostly icing on the cake.

For all the bloviating from fans, myself included, on other threads about what the G7 ought to do, it would seem important to remember how little financial skin we have in the financial game, at least in SCV's case. I haven't looked at the other corps yet, but it'd be interesting to see for which corps the fans' revenue has a significant impact and for which it does not.

Edited by garfield