The 990's

This is where we part company for the time being G. Having no experience in this area I can only say well done. But, it's time to wait for the final document. I'll have mine lightly salted please.

Edited by Ghost

This is where we part company for the time being G. Having no experience in this area I can only say well done. But, it's time to wait for the final document. I'll have mine lightly salted please.

What? And lose one of my most ardent students? Oh, I'm crushed, I tell you. Crushed.

(Not to worry, the updated spreadsheet is only a few corps away.)

Thanks for playing, Ghost.

:tongue:/>

odd. I thought the move to Texas was supposed to be better for them from the get go

Maybe not necessarily from the get go, but in the long run. Also, the less than favorable programming during the first few years in Texas might not have helped. One thing I noticed was the large jump from 2010 to 2011 in revenue (granted, expenses also increased a lot, but it still turned a positive net). It will be interesting to see the how the 2012 numbers compare as well, after two years of very crowd engaging and pleasing shows, and the jump back into finals. (also it would be interesting to see the 2008 numbers from when they were in 12th most of the back half of the season until finals week, same with Madison's similar situation that same year)

The Crossmen

Balance Sheet

Cash

2009: $32,444

2010: $12,588

2011: $10,436

Accounts Receivable

2009: $23,144

2010: $39,614

2011: $27,614

Inventories for sale or use

2009: $59,746

2010: $54,557

2011: $69,123

Land, Buildings, and equipment (at cost less accumulated depreciation)

2009: $233,852

2010: $204,784

2011: $247,723

odd that cash went down so much.

Maybe not necessarily from the get go, but in the long run. Also, the less than favorable programming during the first few years in Texas might not have helped. One thing I noticed was the large jump from 2010 to 2011 in revenue (granted, expenses also increased a lot, but it still turned a positive net). It will be interesting to see the how the 2012 numbers compare as well, after two years of very crowd engaging and pleasing shows, and the jump back into finals. (also it would be interesting to see the 2008 numbers from when they were in 12th most of the back half of the season until finals week, same with Madison's similar situation that same year)

except when i look at the numbers, it doesnt seem to get better with age.

trust me, I was a vocal critic of programming since before they left town.I'm sure being a finalist in 2012 will help some $$ coming to them in 2013. I wonder if maybe being blocked from some big home state events ( ie TOC/G7) has hurt?

• Like 1

except when i look at the numbers, it doesnt seem to get better with age.

trust me, I was a vocal critic of programming since before they left town.I'm sure being a finalist in 2012 will help some $ coming to them in 2013. I wonder if maybe being blocked from some big home state events ( ie TOC/G7) has hurt?

I would bet that.

And maybe the numbers don't look that great. But they did start basically from scratch. YEA! helped them out in 2007, but in 2008 they were basically a brand new corps in a business sense. All brand new equipment, no more loans from YEA! And the move probably hurt the money coming in from donors quite a bit. Not to mention, the shows sucked. They were competitive in 08, but the show was still boring as hell.

If the Crossmen can stay competitive, I would like to see how business fairs. Fred took on a hard challenge. And throwing his own money at it won't solve everything. Let's see where it goes. This season has started off well, record numbers at camps (more money). Great season competitively... they made it to the big show (more money?). And many alumni and past fans are back on board. And as they make a bigger name for themselves in Texas it should only get better.

Or they can miss finals again, and it can be more rough times ahead. Who knows.

I would bet that.

And maybe the numbers don't look that great. But they did start basically from scratch. YEA! helped them out in 2007, but in 2008 they were basically a brand new corps in a business sense. All brand new equipment, no more loans from YEA! And the move probably hurt the money coming in from donors quite a bit. Not to mention, the shows sucked. They were competitive in 08, but the show was still boring as hell.

If the Crossmen can stay competitive, I would like to see how business fairs. Fred took on a hard challenge. And throwing his own money at it won't solve everything. Let's see where it goes. This season has started off well, record numbers at camps (more money). Great season competitively... they made it to the big show (more money?). And many alumni and past fans are back on board. And as they make a bigger name for themselves in Texas it should only get better.

Or they can miss finals again, and it can be more rough times ahead. Who knows.

so the alumni issues with the move probably hurt more than imagined. In some ways I can't blame them. I mean yeah, the corps is alive, but it was heavily rooted in it's home area. They weren't getting kids flying in from all over to march there

"And now, please welcome to the field, from Diamond Bar, CA, Pacific Crest!"

Note: Special thanks to Stuart Pompel, ED of PC, for providing to me the (yet to be published) 2011 filings.

Pacific Crest is proof that small can, in fact, be quite large.

"Consistently better, year after year" is my summation.

Because of Stuart's willingness, I'll be able to show four years of 990's.

Edited by garfield