The 990's

So, after more than two months and nearly a thousand posts and 75,000 views, we come to the end of our little venture.

We've reviewed 22 corps plus DCI and I've very much enjoyed getting to know the financials of each corps a little better.

(This is where each of you give me a green plus because, either, you're glad I'm finally done and/or you appreciate the effort. /shameless plug.)

There have been quite a few surprises that changed the assumptions I had going in, not the least of all is the recent success that DCI has had.

While I'm not surprised at the lack of comments (expecially considering the views) I'm happy and thankful that the thread stayed on course and that everyone avoided the urge to derail it. Nothing ever dies on DCP so this consolidated record will be available to reference for as long as John D allows it ("Hail to the king. Long live the king!").

I have several things to do yet. First will be to update the spreadsheet and post it in the next couple of days. That'll be the raw data. Then I think I'll start a thread where comments about the data will flow a little easier and where we can discuss some of the conclusions that come out of this exercise.

I'm thinking about a poll, too. And I've been asked to write an article summarizing the findings of the 990s.

The likely most significant annual meeting in DCI's history is coming up in two weeks. Perhaps this data would be useful to some attending that meeting.

Perhaps the commentary from DCP will be illustrative, too. So pipe in on the upcoming 990's discussion thread.

Thanks for playing.

garfield

Well done.

I wish there was apples - to - apples data on DC finances from the past. I realize the economics are different, not necessarily bettor or worse, just different than say the mid 1970s or 80s. might be interesting. Or maybe not.

• Like 1

Garfield,

I think I speak for most of us here on DCP when I say a huge THANK YOU for the herculean task you undertook on our behalf. I know for me personally, I have a redefined outlook on a great number of corps now, seeing what they have to work with. It also has affected how I, and I think others, view DCI current events.

Thanks again - while we haven't commented as much as you might have expected, I guarantee we have all been watching and reading! :thumbup:

Mike

• Like 4

Thanks for the 990 posting, Garfield!

It would be interesting to see if and/or how expenditures align with competitive placements year to year.

Sit tight. I finished the spreadsheets last night and will get them posted, hopefully, tonight. Then I'll start another thread, present some data comparison results, and spur some conversation.

Thanks to all who've made nice comments. I've enjoyed it as much as you have.

• Like 1

I've already referenced your work here in multiple conversations on DCP. Thanks for your time and effort! I look forward to the coming data analysis and discussion.

Edited by Tyler C.