The 990's

Sure there are. Lots of them.

The real question is whether anyone cares or thinks it's time to refresh them.

Guidestar only offers three past years for free which means 4 are available for prior year comparisons. The last year reviewed here for everyone is 2010, although I started (and quit) updating some to 2011. What's available now is mostly up through 2015.

I print all of DCI's just to keep in case someday someone actually cares to see them again.

Foundation Center has a lot of 990s. Many span greater than 3 years ago. All free.

don't know about anyone else, but I thought your analysis and this thread was incredibly interesting. from both an activity and financial detail analysis perspectives. I learned a lot.

What he said

Thanks guys. I enjoyed it as well. Flipping back through those pages revealed some interesting stuff and conversations at the time.

Some corps continue to amaze at what they're able to get out of limited revenue (Music City, for example). Whereas, a few others at the top of the food chain (you know who they are) show that they've more than survived the financial crisis and have found ways to widen the revenue gap amongst their peers.

Edited by drumcorpsfever

Some corps continue to amaze at what they're able to get out of limited revenue (Music City, for example). Whereas, a few others at the top of the food chain (you know who they are) show that they've more than survived the financial crisis and have found ways to widen the revenue gap amongst their peers.

I wonder if there aren't two discussions here: One being the gap between the bottom and the top, financially, and the other being the different ways drum corps raise, and spend, money.

There seems to be little correlation between placement and money; the Colts, if I recall, have a pristine balance sheet. And Santa Clara's finances suggest that they'd be finishing in the top 3 or 4 every year and contending for Gold in some.

Sure there are. Lots of them.

The real question is whether anyone cares or thinks it's time to refresh them.

Guidestar only offers three past years for free which means 4 are available for prior year comparisons. The last year reviewed here for everyone is 2010, although I started (and quit) updating some to 2011. What's available now is mostly up through 2015.

I print all of DCI's just to keep in case someday someone actually cares to see them again.

i'd love to see it, especially as DCI has grown the last 4 years

and I have 36 inches of snow outside

Garfield,

I'd just like to add my personal thanks for the work you've put in to better enlighten us as to the financial side of the activity. It is much appreciated.

• Like 1

Amen - it's a tremendous service you do for us armchair quarterbacks.

And I'd absolutely love to see the progress the corps have made since the last time we checked in.

Mike

And I'll bet you're shooting to make that 1500th post, eh Mike?

:thumbs-up:

(and thanks for the kudos, too)

Edited by garfield

• 7 months later...

Concerning revenue and 990's - are Drum Corps Membership Dues generally placed under program services or contributions? One could make the argument that the contributions from members are what keeps the program going, but one could also also it's a program service charge as they are provided a learning experience out of it. ...just curious