DCI Schedule 2013

Bouncing off the walls here - -

(This is, of course, dependent upon my son and daughter completing successful auditions with their same corps)

BOTH of my kids will be marching at the SAME show AT OUR HOME HIGH SCHOOL.

Ok - - proud mama here juuuuuuuust a little excited.

:thumbup:/>

• Like 3

So, there is a parade on the day of Finals. I wonder if this will include all of the corps who did not make it into the big show. Kind of gives them a performance and creates awareness of the evening's show. An interesting idea.

I think you're right, and I'm pretty sure they've done this before.

Huh! BAC plays in both Evansville IN & Pittsburgh PA on 6/26! I wonder if their show has anything to do with time travel.

Also, they're not in Murfreesboro??

Not sure what is going on on 6/26, but it looks like Boston got the shaft in Murfreesboro, along with all the other shows that last year were known as "TOC" shows.

Here's what's on dci.org:

"Special Series

Coming out of their Pacific Tour, Carolina Crown along with Santa Clara Vanguard, Blue Devils, Cadets, Cavaliers, Phantom Regiment and Bluecoats will together host a string of shows across the country. Beginning on July 11 in Warrensburg, Mo., this yet-to-be-named event series will also make stops in DeKalb, Ill., Round Rock, Texas, Murfreesboro, Tenn., Charlotte, N.C., East Rutherford, N.J. and Buffalo N.Y. through July and August."

I thought Murfreesboro (as well as the other former TOC shows) were based on the previous year's final standings. Guess I was wrong since the 8th-place Cavies are in all those shows, and the 7th-place Crusaders are in none of them. Is it just me, or does something smell to high heavens?? :thumbdown:/>/>

Edited by oldsoprano
  • Like 5

Noticed no Sevierville show as well.

Is this a one-time thing (like 'oh, the stadium is getting astroturf and won't be available this summer') or is Sevierville gone for good?

Be a shame if it's gone....... it was the longest running southern DCI show still being held in it's original location.