Help

DCI seems to focus all of it's attention on WC, you know, BDA, the Cadets, the Cavs...I'll stop there because God forbid should I leave anyone out. Hey - that's all well and fine. But it's my understanding that by their own rules a start-up has to spend at least one season in OC before they can even apply for WC, which would require another evaluation.... sooooo.... if the OC corps are neglected then where the HELL are they going to get more WC corps from? The fairy godmother? I highly doubt it.

How are open class corps neglected by DCI?

How are open class corps neglected by DCI?

I'm just saying that if I were DCI (which of course I'm not) and I wanted to grow the orginization I would concentrate on open class. It's an untapped gold mine. You never know where the next great corps is going to come from.

I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to say. DCI doesn't create new corps out of thin air, people decide to start up a group and affiliate it with DCI. All DCI does is evaluate these groups to try to make sure they're being run correctly and on solid financial ground.

I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to say. DCI doesn't create new corps out of thin air, people decide to start up a group and affiliate it with DCI. All DCI does is evaluate these groups to try to make sure they're being run correctly and on solid financial ground.

This is true. It's also true that when you have a baby you nurture it until it matures.

... All DCI does is evaluate these groups to try to make sure they're being run correctly and on solid financial ground.

According to Dan Acheson financial oversight of each corps is not really the role of DCI, and moreover, even if they wanted to engage in a corps financial oversight it cannot be accurately accomplished by DCI (link)