Cadets 2013 Show announcement

http://www.yea.org/site/News2?page=NewsArticle&id=21690&news_iv_ctrl=1002#.UNDHZ3cwKSo

Cadets changed the title of their show and have a new logo.

"Side by Side" featuring the music of Samuel Barber.

“After program meetings, it was clear we were taking a slightly different direction than expected,” Director George Hopkins said. “Indeed, the show is about contrast, comparison, conflict and the eventual resolution, as we expected. But who performs when? Who stands when? Who moves quickly when? All of that has changed as the conversations have changed. We feel as if we will be performing Side by Side,” he said

SBS3.jpg

Edited by charlie1223
  • Like 2

http://www.yea.org/site/News2?page=NewsArticle&id=21690&news_iv_ctrl=1002#.UNDHZ3cwKSo

Cadets changed the title of their show and have a new logo.

"Side by Side" featuring the music of Samuel Barber.

SBS3.jpg

Hmmm, nice change. Cool use of the logo...hopefully the show and the DRILL does an excellent job of communicating this concept....and let's hope they don't end the show with another freakin company front.

Edited by 2000Cadet
  • Like 1

Hmmm, nice change. Cool use of the logo...hopefully the show and the DRILL does an excellent job of communicating this concept....and let's hope they don't end the show with another freakin company front.

There will still be a company front but I hope there will be a twist to it so it goes with the theme.

Oh I didn't tell you? I'm Jeff Sacktig and I've already wrote the drill for the whole show.

I DON'T lol! I'm assuming since every year since 2007 their show has ended in a company front! I think? lol!

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this year's show won't end in a company front.

Really? Not sure that's accurate at all. While there's plenty of recycling going on, seems to me there's a good percentage of new stuff every year as well.

Very true, even though there seems to be a population that only wants to hear the recycled stuff. I think that the Cadets will provide a nice new version of Barber's music, and will be a very cool show to watch and listen to. And they did do Medea in 2005, so it's not new ground for them.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this year's show won't end in a company front.

I swear...

If they end in yet another company front...

• Like 1