If you had the ability to change one rule in DCI

i won't say ban electronics and amping, I'd say enforce judging to penalize poor usage and balance issues.

however, I would give the CEO more power. Not quite Roger Goodell power, but enough to keep the jerry Jones's of the world from screwing things up

• Like 2

Would Phantom still get points if they slaughtered the animal as part of the show?

:devil:/>/>/>

As long as they don't hold up Finals....... like my old group did. :doh:/>

Back to what would BD call themselves if they no longer did DCI. Know a corps that won a National Championship years before but was struggling to get back on the field. There was an arguement over the field announcement if "former Nat Champ" should be included. Decision was not to say it so the crowd wouldn't be reminded how far they fell. Not saying BD would fall that far but saying "former DCI champs" at a non-DCI show might be a reminder that... well..... the crowd forked over the bucks and it ain't DCI they're watching.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

I'd like to see World Prelims be a full OPEN format, meaning a full random draw for the day.

Maybe the thing I dislike most about the entire season is the buildup to FINALS WEEK, and the first 10-ish (small) corps that go in the first 10-12 slots on the day perform in front of like... 75 people in the stands.

Wouldn't it be cool to mix it up, do the Prelim performance draw BOA-style (i.e., completely random), and then do the seeding for Semis and Finals from the Prelim competition? Wouldn't it make the crowd larger for all corps? Sure, someone might not go stay all day, but I think the overall average per-corps crowd would be bigger for everyone except possibly the last 7-8 corps in the current format.

Open draw Prelims would be awesome.

Wouldn't it be cool to mix it up, do the Prelim performance draw BOA-style (i.e., completely random), and then do the seeding for Semis and Finals from the Prelim competition? Wouldn't it make the crowd larger for all corps?

No, because the fans of the corps who are the big draws would just go on Friday, when the top corps are assured of performing anyway.

Yeah, it might be cool for a small corps to draw the final slot, but that's about the only people it would be "cool" for.

No, because the fans of the corps who are the big draws would just go on Friday, when the top corps are assured of performing anyway.

Yeah, it might be cool for a small corps to draw the final slot, but that's about the only people it would be "cool" for.

Nor would the judging community stand for it.

I'd change the rule where idiots are allowed to scream during the soft parts during the "Big Boys" shows, especially during finals, and not get ejected from the stadium. I think they are trying to get immortalized on the drum corps recordings so they can tell their drum corps friends "hey that's me screaming during Cadets solo."

I would change the rule so the idiots can be hunted down and identified, then get banned for life.

I would support electronics, if the rule was that those idiots were plugged into the electronics!

How about increasing the performance time to 13 minutes - as was the case in the old days. Doing so could provide a little more time for development of musical and show presentation.

Well, if the unbottled genie denies my wish for the removal of amplification, how about a "Finals surprise" requirement? Any corps competing in Finals must include at least two minutes of performance (music and drill) not previously presented on the field. Those Finals shows would be allowed up to 13 minutes actual performance time.