2013 Shows

Govenaires 2013 show ... Chasing Hollywood

"Prologue" from City of Angels

"Sparkling Diamonds" from Moulin Rouge

Musical excerpts from Sunset Boulevard

"Send in the Clowns"

"Don't Rain on my Parade"

FYI, we still have trumpet, baritone, mallet percussion, and color guard spots available. Contact us at govenaires.org or facebook.com/govenaires

Edited by Big Govie-ment
  • Like 1

Govenaires 2013 show ... Chasing Hollywood

"Prologue" from City of Angels

"Sparkling Diamonds" from Moulin Rouge

Musical excerpts from Sunset Boulevard

"Send in the Clowns"

"Don't Rain on my Parade"

FYI, we still have trumpet, baritone, mallet percussion, and color guard spots available. Contact us at govenaires.org or facebook.com/govenaires

Can't wait to hear what you do from Sunset Blvd. I always thought that show was one of the most under appreciated shows on Broadway. I loved it both times I saw it.

Dan

“Diablada: Dance of the Devils”

Candelabra Rhumba - Michael Daugherty

Oblivion - Astor Piazzolla

Symphonic Dance No. 3 ("Fiesta") - Clifton Williams

• 1 month later...

FusionCore's website lists their 2013 show as "Til We Meet Again" featuring "When a Man Loves a Woman" (Percy Sledge), "City of Angels" from the movie City of Angels (Gabriel Yared), "For the Love of a Princess" from Braveheart (James Horner), and "Joy" (Joseph Curiale).

Carolina Gold's site indicates their 2013 show is "Mission: Accepted" with original music by Rob Stein, Justin Mabry, and Sean Combes.

• 1 month later...

FusionCore's website lists their 2013 show as "Til We Meet Again" featuring "When a Man Loves a Woman" (Percy Sledge), "City of Angels" from the movie City of Angels (Gabriel Yared), "For the Love of a Princess" from Braveheart (James Horner), and "Joy" (Joseph Curiale).

Carolina Gold's site indicates their 2013 show is "Mission: Accepted" with original music by Rob Stein, Justin Mabry, and Sean Combes.

Yes, you are correct!

Carolina Gold's 2013 show is entitled "Mission: Accepted".

All original music with a nod to those secret agent heroes we all adore.

For decades, we have been captivated by the lives of the worlds most brilliant, daring and charismatic secret agents.

Fast cars, alluring women and exotic locales serve as the backdrop while these agents fight to save the world from its most devious masterminds.

With the coolest gadgets and unlimited resources these heroes live their lives putting the mission above all else.

This season, sit back, order your martini (shaken not stirred), and enjoy the show because for Carolina Gold 2013; it is Mission: Accepted.

• 2 weeks later...

Sunrisers - Suffolk County, NY "A Western Fantasy"

-"Main Theme" from Final Fantasy VII - Nobuo Uematsu

-"Those Who Fight" from Final Fantasy VII - Nobuo Uematsu

-"The Promise of Living" from The Tender Land - Aaron Copland

-"Gun Battle" from Billy the Kid - Aaron Copland

-"Happy Ending" from The Red Pony - Aaron Copland

Hmmm. Sunrisers' website now gives their show title as "A Painter's Canvas". Does anyone know if the music has accordingly changed?

(Is it because of the possibility of changes like this that you haven't updated your list since January?)

Edited by N.E. Brigand

I think it's cool that Sun is finally getting around to playing Billy the Kidd. John Sasso and I stood in a parking lot in Clifton New Jersey for 2 hours in 1976 and talked through BTK and Buckaroo Holiday. Obviously by 1977 we went in a different direction but Copland always seemed like a lovely choice for a line that played really well, which we developed during the mid and late 70s.

I hope John gets to see it, and I hope that Sun lives up to their past. Few DCA corps have a legacy of playing better (by far) than anyone and drumming (by far) better than anyone.

Make your future worthy of your past, Sunrisers. Drum Corps could really use it. Love to see Sun, Hawthorne, Sky, Bush, Reading, and Hurcs really battle it out for the top spot again someday. No offense C2 or MB, but this is my day dream. You can design your own.

Edited by rayfallon
  • Like 1

Hmmm. Sunrisers' website now gives their show title as "A Painter's Canvas". Does anyone know if the music has accordingly changed?

(Is it because of the possibility of changes like this that you haven't updated your list since January?)

It's really just pure neglect on my part... It's on the list for after CV's 3-day camp this weekend.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

It's interesting that (according to CorpsReps), Shostakovich's Symphony No. 11 was never played in drum corps before this year ... when both Phantom Regiment and Buccaneers programmed it.

(Similarly, last year both Colts and Empire Statesmen debuted Eric Carmen's "All by Myself".)