2012 DCA Rules Congress - Baltimore, MD

Glen

Missed my point, many people think that once you are hooked by DC you will never leave no matter what happens. Over the years many things besides DC changes, you pick what's important to you and move on. My point is: it isn't that hard to leave... And to follow your second sentence, who knows what the future will bring and it's the future that concerns me.

OK, agree....

I was talking about alienating by age and sounded like you were broad brushing all older fans. If you meant just the ones "holding back progress" (not sure how fans can do that) wish you would have said it earlier. As for "calling me out" if you post things that someone might disagree with, expect them to post disenting views.

So what ego problem do I have.... I do not slam others for their opinion or say <whatever> "ain't drum corps"..... If expressing a different opinion is "ego" well... welcome to real life.....

"Real life"… poor opinions lead to poor decisions.

"Real life"… poor opinions lead to poor decisions.

Well I'm beginning to think "poor opinions" means "think different from me".

Just sounds like you're the one having problems with keeping an open mind. And the problem has to do with dealing with people with differing opinions.

*click*

FYI: I'll go until I'm no longer entertained or outside issues interfere too much.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Well I'm beginning to think "poor opinions" means "think different from me".

Just sounds like you're the one having problems with keeping an open mind. And the problem has to do with dealing with people with differing opinions.

*click*

FYI: I'll go until I'm no longer entertained or outside issues interfere too much.

Cool, just don't assume… you know what that means.

Edited by east coast love

Cool, just don't assume… you know what that means.

exactly what are you talking about? jim has a right to his opinions. and if they differ with you or mine so what. why does everybody have to get so nasty when there is disagreement? and i don't mean you or jim. i mean everybody. drum corps has changed and some don't like it. some do. so you all carry on just like we did. and if we don't want to anymore we won't.. just like those that came before us. i just get tired of the younger ones telling us how wrong we are. give us some slack for crying out loud.

• Like 1

Of course you are right, Don. When message boards become nothing more than shouting matches, they tend to fade away. There are more effective ways to "have the last word," like going out to the backyard and shouting at your squirrels. Let's keep this a place to offer opinions and respectfully discuss those views as adults.

• Like 2

exactly what are you talking about? jim has a right to his opinions. and if they differ with you or mine so what. why does everybody have to get so nasty when there is disagreement? and i don't mean you or jim. i mean everybody. drum corps has changed and some don't like it. some do. so you all carry on just like we did. and if we don't want to anymore we won't.. just like those that came before us. i just get tired of the younger ones telling us how wrong we are. give us some slack for crying out loud.

And I can remember hearing "that ain't drum corps" back in my second season of..... *gag*... 1975. About everyone has an idea of what they like about DC and I think that's part of the fun. Kinda like people in Antique Auto Club of America (my other hobby) and the different eras of cars they like. Strange thing thou... in AACA you never hear any insults based on likes or dislikes of cars.

ECL like everyone else is entitled to his/her opinion and that;s cool. But just to be clear (been a few days) it's the insults and telling people to stay home that caused me to respond.

• Like 2

All i'm going to say is i'm Xtremely thankful i marched in the late 70's through the late 90's where you didn't have this BS! It would have killed the activity for me like it's doing now only now i can't even march if you paid me...

I've had cats as part of my family for many years.

As a result, I have long since given up trying to get the last word on anything.

The cats tend to win any argument. :tongue:

As a result, I have long since given up trying to get the last word on anything.

The cats tend to win any argument. tongue.gif

yeah ya got to love them fran. ya know they live in the limbic part of their brain. you can never win. LOL

The cats tend to win any argument. :tongue:/>

Get a Siamese, they have EVERY word in an argument and can drown you out to boot...

Had one for years amd so did the family....