2012 DCA Rules Congress - Baltimore, MD

Glen

Make jokes, just be ready to turn your hearing aids down, AMPED PITS ARE COMING TO DCA!!! And then comes the sythns, and then the narration, and screamers on mics. I can't wait to drive you all crazy. Maybe that'll shut you all up.

Please come back and post again when you learn how to spell "synths." :ph34r:

Now 73 pages?

Perhaps it is time to put this thread to rest. Everyone knows how everyone else feels regarding the upcoming rules changes. We've all had our say...it is what it is and we will all deal with it. To those that have resorted to name calling and hostile threats....REALLY? I think you need a new hobby, and I think we need a new thread. Just a thought. Have a lovely evening everyone ;)

Dan

• Like 1

blah blah blah blah.... complain some more while your at it.

The sooner most of you accept that the activity will forever evolive like EVERYTHING else in this world, the sooner we can spend time enjoying the activity instead of driving potential fans and performers away.

Sometimes you guys really make me sick to my stomach. Get over yourselves already. Just like a professional sports team, corps and hosting circuits will do what they feel necessary to keep the activity appealing to a wide range of fans and performers, not just a handful. Look at WGI, it's had changed greatly and people accept it and it's successful and will outlive DCI and DCA at this rate.

you have a very nice drum corps

Make jokes, just be ready to turn your hearing aids down, AMPED PITS ARE COMING TO DCA!!! And then comes the sythns, and then the narration, and screamers on mics. I can't wait to drive you all crazy. Maybe that'll shut you all up.

given how much older fans are against it, enjoy playing to smaller crowds. people giving up and walking will hurt DCA far worse than DCI.

I'll still come, and hey, I may get better seats....but I understand why people will leave

So what's more disrespectful? People saying they don't like <insert here> or you you telling people to shut up and you can't wait to see them driven crazy. You complain about the complaining yet your post is one of the most disrespectful in all (what's the page count Dan?) pages.

PS - amped pits don't bother me but synths and narration cover up more of the horns/perc sound I enjoy. So doubt if I'll make the effort then.... But I'm sure it's my fault that I don't like the same things as you.

PPSS - Do you actually go to DCA shows or just like to complain about the people who follow DCA?

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Now 73 pages?

Perhaps it is time to put this thread to rest. Everyone knows how everyone else feels regarding the upcoming rules changes. We've all had our say...it is what it is and we will all deal with it. To those that have resorted to name calling and hostile threats....REALLY? I think you need a new hobby, and I think we need a new thread. Just a thought. Have a lovely evening everyone ;)

Dan

You can adjust your settings. It's only 19 pages for me.

and you will be playing to 10 people. and maybe that will shut you up.