Clifton review

Best I can tell, the reviewer thinks it was rude for CV to come to NJ and out score Bush with a show the crowd enjoyed.

I dont think it was rude to beat Bush.This is a competetive sport,and sometimes someone wins and sometimes not.The better corps won.But,I think the crowd enjoyed EVERYONE.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best I can tell, the reviewer thinks it was rude for CV to come to NJ and out score Bush with a show the crowd enjoyed.

I dont think it was rude to beat Bush.This is a competetive sport,and sometimes someone wins and sometimes not.The better corps won.But,I think the crowd enjoyed EVERYONE.

I think he was saying it as a compliment to the CV.

I saw it as a "welcome to the big time, CV" type of thing.

Mike

I got to see Bush, oh wow you guys are flying there in the drill!!! I remember in particular a part where the bass drummers were pretty much running!! It was pretty awesome!!!

Jeromey, I'll have to meet you in Scraton since I didn't have the chance this time!

Thank you so much for saying that about CV. It's incredible to be right in the mix with so many awesome corps. About the only thing that compares is the fact that there are more corps doing more things this year than I can ever remember.

Look at Carolina Gold for example. They've really come out of the gate strong this year and we've got DCA South now too. I'm so hoping that this is a trend towards senior corps long term growth and I really think it is.

I think he was saying it as a compliment to the CV.

I saw it as a "welcome to the big time, CV" type of thing.

Mike

Yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes. Of course I'm gonna be a bit #####y if you beat my corps. Come on, I'm only human over here. If you want complete objectivity then read nothign but those threads where people are trying to come up with ranking systems that account for everything including the average humidity on nights with a full moon in Southern Louisiana in leap years. If you're gonna read reviews, the biases of the reviewer will rear their ugly heads no matter how hard you try to suppress them. So YES, I am ###### that CV beat Bush. Actually, it feels good to admit that B) . And yes, I do think that CV show is comparatively simpler. Having said that, I respond to my own comment with a resounding "So?". Simple doesn't mean bad or boring. The least notes I ever played in a drum corps show was the 1992 Bushwackers, which was ANYTHING but a bad show. Neither was it boring, so people tell me. CV on saturday night was nothing but good drum corps, whatever many notes you played or didn't play. And good enough to beat Bush. Also, so I hear, good enough to win best guard. *Tips hat in congratulations* Peace, all.

Jon,

Okay that's what I thought you were trying to say. So....thanks! And believe me I don't take lightly the fact that we placed above a VERY FINE corps, Bush. It's an honor really to be in such excellent company.

I definitely prefer your review over the scoring/slotting/guessing/witchcraft/yoga/pagan ritual/voodoo doll type posts. :rolleyes:

Thanks again.

Just out of curiosity how fast is Bush's opener? bpm?

164.The closer is 188. :)

No wonder the hornline always seems slow. ;)

I'm pretty sure it's 168 and the drum solo jumps up to 172, and the closer is 190

I got to see Bush, oh wow you guys are flying there in the drill!!!  I remember in particular a part where the bass drummers were pretty much running!! It was pretty awesome!!! 

Jeromey, I'll have to meet you in Scraton since I didn't have the chance this time!

I can verify that first hand! In fact, we have several sets that we pretty much run.

They're probably running because some old, fat guy on Bass One missed a direction change!!