Empire Statesmen 2013 Show Announcement

trmdrum

The Empire Statesmen, DCA’s perennial finalist and 5-time Champion, are excited to announce their 2013 program entitled “Empire State of Mind”.

2013 commemorates the Statesmen’s 30th and final year of field competition. For this singular season, the design team has assembled a particularly satisfying program based on some of the most engaging productions from Empire’s storied past. Drawing primarily from the vault of Broadway shows that Empire has presented, the 2013 production is designed to fulfill founder Vince Bruni’s vision and purpose: entertain the audience and inspire the members.

Led by David Bruni, the Corps begins with a powerful opening fanfare of Billy Joel’s “New York State of Mind”. The hot and passionate Prologue and Main Theme to “City of Angels” from Empire’s 2004 Championship year is the first major production. The excitement of this blistering production is likely to be DCA’s favorite opening of the season. Following this is the 1997 Championship production of the beautiful and haunting “Sun and Moon” from “Miss Saigon”. Another Empire favorite was the 2000 production of “Phantom of the Opera”. From this show, the Corps presents the colorful “Masquerade”. Finishing the show is “Over the Rainbow” from 2010’s “Oz” along with the theme that epitomizes the Empire approach to entertainment: “My Way”. The energy, excitement and emotion of this year’s program will be palpable to both audience and performers.

You will want to catch this program more than once this season as the Empire Statesmen conclude their outdoor competitive experience with their most crowd appealing and engaging effort ever.

As they say at the end of every rehearsal: “See Ya”.

Interesting that they are choosing to close up shop when they've never had problems fielding a corps.

I guess the Edge will be the primary focus moving on.

Edited by Kyle B
  • Like 1

Obviously sad, and now confirmed, news. What matters is The Empire Statesmen continue in some form or another. The formula they have used will ALWAYS work.

All my best to Dave Bruni and the hundreds of Empire Statesman who worked so hard to entertain us the "old fashioned" way. I look forward to the next chapter.

• Like 1

The Empire Statesmen, DCA's perennial finalist and 5-time Champion, are excited to announce their 2013 program entitled "Empire State of Mind".

2013 commemorates the Statesmen's 30th and final year of field competition. For this singular season, the design team has assembled a particularly satisfying program based on some of the most engaging productions from Empire's storied past. Drawing primarily from the vault of Broadway shows that Empire has presented, the 2013 production is designed to fulfill founder Vince Bruni's vision and purpose: entertain the audience and inspire the members.

Led by David Bruni, the Corps begins with a powerful opening fanfare of Billy Joel's "New York State of Mind". The hot and passionate Prologue and Main Theme to "City of Angels" from Empire's 2004 Championship year is the first major production. The excitement of this blistering production is likely to be DCA's favorite opening of the season. Following this is the 1997 Championship production of the beautiful and haunting "Sun and Moon" from "Miss Saigon". Another Empire favorite was the 2000 production of "Phantom of the Opera". From this show, the Corps presents the colorful "Masquerade". Finishing the show is "Over the Rainbow" from 2010's "Oz" along with the theme that epitomizes the Empire approach to entertainment: "My Way". The energy, excitement and emotion of this year's program will be palpable to both audience and performers.

You will want to catch this program more than once this season as the Empire Statesmen conclude their outdoor competitive experience with their most crowd appealing and engaging effort ever.

As they say at the end of every rehearsal: "See Ya".

and i took a lot of heat for saying this was going to happen. it's really to bad. i wish that david will change his mind or turn the corps over to somebody that can carry on. but wishing is for fairy tales. good luck empire on the final frontier.

• Like 1

Obviously sad, and now confirmed, news. What matters is The Empire Statesmen continue in some form or another. The formula they have used will ALWAYS work.

All my best to Dave Bruni and the hundreds of Empire Statesman who worked so hard to entertain us the "old fashioned" way. I look forward to the next chapter.

Totally agree, Fred.

• Like 1

Agree with Don. There are over 100 people involved with the corps, and only around 20 involved in the Edge. Why doesn't he just pass the torch so the over 80 people who won't be with the Edge can still do what they love to do.

Edited by Kyle B
  • Like 3

The Empire Statesmen, DCA's perennial finalist and 5-time Champion, are excited to announce their 2013 program entitled "Empire State of Mind".

2013 commemorates the Statesmen's 30th and final year of field competition. For this singular season, the design team has assembled a particularly satisfying program based on some of the most engaging productions from Empire's storied past. Drawing primarily from the vault of Broadway shows that Empire has presented, the 2013 production is designed to fulfill founder Vince Bruni's vision and purpose: entertain the audience and inspire the members.

Led by David Bruni, the Corps begins with a powerful opening fanfare of Billy Joel's "New York State of Mind". The hot and passionate Prologue and Main Theme to "City of Angels" from Empire's 2004 Championship year is the first major production. The excitement of this blistering production is likely to be DCA's favorite opening of the season. Following this is the 1997 Championship production of the beautiful and haunting "Sun and Moon" from "Miss Saigon". Another Empire favorite was the 2000 production of "Phantom of the Opera". From this show, the Corps presents the colorful "Masquerade". Finishing the show is "Over the Rainbow" from 2010's "Oz" along with the theme that epitomizes the Empire approach to entertainment: "My Way". The energy, excitement and emotion of this year's program will be palpable to both audience and performers.

As they say at the end of every rehearsal: "See Ya".

Ah... posted by my kid-in-law... so it must be factual...

I imagine, financially, it has to be tough to compete when there are no corps around you, and you have to drive 4+ hours away every weekend. Check out the recaps from the last couple of years. It's not like many of the big boys were coming to upstate NY.

• Like 1

So is this speculation that the people in charge no longer want to be in charge? Or is that fact?

I can see just ending it while the corps is still strong and not letting it fizzle away. Go out with a bang.

Either way, this is very sad news.

Edited by skeptic

Sounds like a great show, sad to hear that the corps will no longer be around after next season.