Empire Statesmen 2013 Show Announcement

trmdrum

Just think about it though, they've got buses, equipment, uniforms etc. When they sell all of it off, whomever the money goes will be sitting pretty instead of other corps that have been mentioned that NEEDED to sell assets. Financially it's a good move, for the activity it's terrible.

Let's be a little careful here. Please consider that nobody's going to get rich selling off buses that are decades old. And let's not assume they even intend to not need as many instruments as an exhibition group or whatever they're planning as they do now. Not too many buyers for G bugles, anyway.

And I second what's been said here already - Go "out" with a bang, Empire!

• Like 1

Let's be a little careful here. Please consider that nobody's going to get rich selling off buses that are decades old. And let's not assume they even intend to not need as many instruments as an exhibition group or whatever they're planning as they do now. Not too many buyers for G bugles, anyway.

And I second what's been said here already - Go "out" with a bang, Empire!

I guess the term "sitting pretty" isn't what I meant. What I meant to say is that the corps and to whomever the proceeds from sales will go, will be in good financial straits as compared to other corps who have been forced to leave. Better to leave "on top" than to leave when you HAVE to.

I doubt anyone is doing this to "get rich" but it does seem to benefit wherever the organization is going (The Edge etc.)

Edited by CorpsBuff

david has 2 problems from what i understand. #1 dwindeling crowds. he can't keep all the travel and expense with ever smaller crowds. # 2 electronics. i thnk that is self explanatory. it just changes things way to much.

How did he cope in 1985, then, with that electric bass in the pit all season?

But seriously, it is hard to believe that electronics had any part in this decision, considering that rumors were flying months before the rule change that just took place.

Electronics the reason Empire is leaving? Doubt it. If anything, they would be one of the corps to benefit from them.

But seriously, it is hard to believe that electronics had any part in this decision, considering that rumors were flying months before the rule change that just took place.

yeah it's more to do with the crowds. and there are other things. i may have overstated the amps.

he coped with a 2 point penalty at every show

You mean when you kept quoting my post about going back to Rochester?

it's all in the math

• Like 1

It is not because of the Edge. The Empire organization will continue to exist only the competetive field corps will not. And no, electronics has nothing to do with it. That is a silly suggestion.

• Like 1

It is not because of the Edge. The Empire organization will continue to exist only the competetive field corps will not. And no, electronics has nothing to do with it. That is a silly suggestion.

Since you know the real reason, perhaps you'd like to share?

Corps making significant announcements in the vaguest way possible is exhausting and stupid. If one of the most crowd pleasing and successful organizations in DCA has suddenly decided, "We don't want to play in this playground anymore", I think that merits a reasoning by the group and a discussion by the public. DCA as a whole is affected by this and it would be selfish to think otherwise.

• Like 5