Empire Statesmen 2013 Show Announcement

trmdrum

My guess is, there are two concerns at work in this decision. Yes, finances are one concern. More importantly, an even bigger need. The need to preserve and expand the Empire Statesmen core mission. That is, to entertain audiences however and whenever possible. By casting off the "arms race" expense of required weekly competition, the rigidity of doing just what can win on the field, plus keeping more local, the group can satisfy it's mission further into the future.

Bottom line is that if you keep putting out 1990's high school band shows, that ain't what can win on the field in the 2010's. But hey, if they think they can sustain this thing as a parade and parking lot exhibition corps, who are we to argue.

• Like 1

Empire is not folding, they are evolving.

The Edge is just a small part of the plan for the future.

Stay tuned.

• Like 2

Stay tuned.

I went to the website and saw the video. Good luck with that.

Edited by VOReason
  • Like 1

Bottom line is that if you keep putting out 1990's high school band shows, that ain't what can win on the field in the 2010's.

Not going to expound about the snarkiness of the "1990's high school band shows" comment; but will mention the winners anytime (and all the time) Empire (and corps of similar philosophy) enters the performance venues are the audiences and fans; accessible, excellent "toe-tapping" and "eye-appealing" entertainment to the "cheeks in the seats" (i.e. paying clientele).

• Like 4

Stay tuned.

don't you think people are tired of hearing stay tuned? do you know what's going on> cause i do.

I find it sad that some people have to Voice their assinine remarks on here. I would always rather "go out" on top rather than leave hurting. Statesmen are doing it the right way. I am sad to see them not competing after this year as they have meant so much to DCA. They have been (still are) the most entertaining drum corps!

• Like 4

I find it sad that some people have to Voice their assinine remarks on here. I would always rather "go out" on top rather than leave hurting. Statesmen are doing it the right way. I am sad to see them not competing after this year as they have meant so much to DCA. They have been (still are) the most entertaining drum corps!

Last I checked Empire finished 2012 out of the top five for the first time in a long time...beat by a first year corps! And who knows where they will finish in 2013 with their "competition is for the competitive" attitude. Hardly going out on top.

Edited by VOReason
  • Like 3