Blue Devils All-Star Drumline Headed to Lithuania

https://bluedevils.org/news/story.php?newsID=550

From May 8 to 12, 2013, the Blue Devils and and System Blue Clinics will be special guests of the Vilnius International Percussion Festival in Vilnius, Lithuania.

Presenting a drum line comprised of 14 recently graduated Blue Devil percussionists along with the corps' famed percussion director Scott Johnson, the "Blue Devils All-Star Drum Line" will be featured performers at several events during their visit and will present System Blue Clinics to musicians and educators from across the Baltic region.

Sponsored by Artspark, a youth development program based in Lithuania and founded by former Blue Devil drum major Daniel Ray, the Blue Devils make their first-ever appearance in this region of Europe, having taken the entire corps to nations in western Europe in 2002 and again in 2005.

"The opportunity to travel to Europe with the Blue Devils in 1992 significantly influenced own life-path. This first experience with international travel helped shape my own worldview, inspired me to continue traveling and eventually live overseas." states Daniel Ray.

• Like 2

What's a life-path? I think I should get one!

HH

Apparently you need to travel to Lithuania to find one. :tongue:

I appreciate the fact that 'the gospel' of our great activity is being spread to a new audience - introducing young people in a completely new market to drum corps. THANK YOU Daniel Ray and your team, as well as Pat Seidling and the System Blue team, for your efforts .... and making this happen.

-john

I have a high amount of respect for BD because of things like this they're doing. REALLY cool! :thumbup:/>/>

I very much agree!!!

Edited by ibexpercussion

I appreciate the fact that 'the gospel' of our great activity is being spread to a new audience - introducing young people in a completely new market to drum corps. THANK YOU Daniel Ray and your team, as well as Pat Seidling and the System Blue team, for your efforts .... and making this happen.

-john

Sam is equally to blame on this one. :-)

This is going to be fun... and hopefully just the beginning of the kind of trouble we hope to start. :)

• Like 2

A two hour flight.... yes please.

Does the event have a website?