Joe Geswaldo

I have just been informed that after a long battle with cancer, Joey Geswaldo passed on over night with his family at his side.

Joey was the former CFO of the Brigadiers and for many years was Class A coordinator for DCA.

Joey was a HUGE part of the Brigadier's glory years. He never got as much credit as he deserved for their success. He was a good friend and will be missed.

Edited by TomPeashey

My condolences to Sandy and the Geswaldo family. I worked with and competed against Joe for many years. Most recently when he became DCA Class A Coordinator and working along side him, Norm and Paul at DCA Championships in Rochester.

Joe always had what was best for the Corp's in what he did to promote the Class A platform. He got some ideas on the table to push the Class and Corps' to the next level and always went to bat for them against "the big boys"

I'll miss working with him, but know I'll see him again down the road

Do zobaczenia!Joe

So sorry to hear this news.

Joe was a good man... and a strong advocate for the Class A corps in DCA.

This is a big loss for the drum corps activity. RIP, Joe.

My condolences to the Geswaldo family.

Joe was great guy and will be missed....

He was a big supporter of SoCal Dream.

shock and sadness on Joe's passing........thoughts and prayers for Joe, his family and extended drum corps family

Very sorry to hear of Joe's passing, sincerest condolences to his family, may he rest in peace.

Joseph Vito GeswaldoAugust 6, 1960 - December 18, 2012

Obituary

Joseph Vito Geswaldo, 52, of Baldwinsville, passed away peacefully in his home after his courageous battle with cancer on December 18, 2012.

He is survived by his loving wife Sandra and his daughter Kristen M. McCarthy & her husband Robert. He is pre-deceased by his mother Katherine A. Geswaldo and survived by his father Louis A. Geswaldo, and his grandmother Virginia Albino. He is blessed by his brother Anthony, his brother Louis and his wife Vicky (Louis Jr. & Nicholas), and his sister Andrea and her husband Kevin Cox (Michael & Katherine). He has a special place in his heart for his sister-in-law, friend & caregiver Terry Baum. He was blessed by his godchildren Nicholas, Ashlyn & Julianna. Joseph is survived by many other aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces & nephews.

Joseph was a graduate of Christians Brothers Academy. After school, Joseph worked in his family-owned business Geswaldo & Desocio Electric for many years. He found another family at Cooper Crouse Hinds where he worked in customer relations. Joseph touched the lives of many people. He was actively involved with the success of the Syracuse Brigadiers Drum Corps & worked for Drum Corps Association as Class A Coordinator. He was a member of OMECA & Van Buren Republican Club. He was a parishioner at Blessed Sacrament in Syracuse.

Funeral services will be conducted Saturday 8:15 a.m. at FARONE & SON FUNERAL HOME and 9 a.m. at Blessed Sacrament Church where a Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated. Burial will follow in Assumption Cemetery. Calling hours will be held on Friday from 4-7 p.m. at the funeral home, 1500 Park Street, Syracuse.

For years, well before being diagnosed with cancer, Joe & his family volunteered as "Wish granters" for Make-A-Wish of CNY. Seeing first hand that everyone has the ability to make a difference one wish at a time, the family requests that donations can be made to Make-A-Wish of CNY at 5005 Campuswood Dr. East Syracuse, NY 13057

Condolences may be offered at www.faroneandson.com