Volunteering With Community Guard

Nick Toland

Hopefully soon I will be attending a community winter guard's practices to help as a visual coordinator, per say. Just as a volunteer and what I quoted to the coach as an "extra set of experienced eyes" for training season.

Any tips on being helpful, insightful, and creative? Anything will help really! Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Ask the director where they would like you to focus your attention.

I'm a little confused though as you said you'd be the visual coordinator and then ask what you should focus on. I'd expect you, as a visual coordinator, to already know the kinds of things you'd be looking to address.

Ask the director where they would like you to focus your attention.

I'm a little confused though as you said you'd be the visual coordinator and then ask what you should focus on. I'd expect you, as a visual coordinator, to already know the kinds of things you'd be looking to address.

Its my first time being on the coaching side of the guard. MY guard instructor was lacking in the overall effect of our guard. So I don't really know what to look for besides synchronicity... But Other than that the coach doesn't really need me any more because the old coach came back unexpectedly. =[