Boston Crusaders invited to Presidential Inaugural Parade

Kamehameha has one of the best music education departments and bands in the entire country. They will be amazing. The combined US Military Band will be incredible as always.

Kamehameha is a consortium of independent schools from pre-school through HS; the K-12 campuses are located on the Islands or Hawaii, Oahu and Maui.

Applicants with Native Hawaiian blood are legally given preference for admissions.

• Like 1

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's not a drum corps, but it's exciting to see Georgia State's marching band, which has only been in existence for 3 years, representing the state of Georgia at the parade.

Wow, times have changed. Back in the old RAMD days the hard-liners would have been out in force at the very mention of the word "band."

Best of luck to BAC, Georgia State and all the participating groups. Hoping they will represent their respective constituencies with dignity, and enjoy the spectacle as well.

Fred O.

Congrats to BAC are in order! The corps will do a wonderful job representing DCI. To be a bit blunt, I am wondering when (if ever) Boston will get their due as one of the premier ensembles in the organization. I would love to see the corps crack 4th place and then bring a batch of rings home :thumbup: . I certainly believe the organization is capable of this feat and have been increasingly impressed with them as of late.

• Like 4

It might not be a drum corps, but it has plenty of drum corps connections. The Georgia State marching band's director, Chester Phillips, is a Cadets alum, there are several Spirit of Atlanta members in the band and Spirit, Blue Devils, Crown and Glassmen alums are among the band's instructors.

Didn't they have a pretty good football team this year and go to a national championship game at their level or some such ? ( I'm too lazy today to look it up, but I think I saw this school's football team on the gridiron as I was channel surfing sports on TV last week or so... or maybe it was basketball, as I can't fully recall what sport, but one of this college's athletic teams was on national TV for something just recently if I recall. )

Edited by BRASSO

It looks like BAC has more or less voluntered to carry the torch for Drum Corps. A very noble endeavor and I for one thank them for it. It's probably the only reason why I'll be watching the parade. I just hope that the TV networks don't screw it up.

• Like 3

Didn't they have a pretty good football team this year and go to a national championship game at their level or some such ? ( I'm too lazy today to look it up, but I think I saw this school's football team on the gridiron as I was channel surfing sports on TV last week or so... or maybe it was basketball, as I can't fully recall what sport, but one of this college's athletic teams was on national TV for something just recently if I recall. )

Well, their football team only won a single game last season, so that certainly can't be it...maybe you saw something about their new coach?

Will be interesting to see how South Shore DT does in the cold weather. Much luv.

Well, their football team only won a single game last season, so that certainly can't be it...maybe you saw something about their new coach?

I went and looked it up... and found that Georgia State just hired Jeff Jagodzinski as its football team's new Offensive Coordinator for next season. I remember now that I heard it on TV ( and from a couple of college football friends) that Georgia State hired " Jags ", Jagodzinski as its OC, so this was how I heard of Georgia State in the news and in my memory bank just recently. (Jags was the BC Head Football Coach in 2007, 2008.) Thanks for jogging my mermory, as it did turn out to be a recent football coach announcement in the end re. Geogia State.

Edited by BRASSO

Congrats to BAC are in order! The corps will do a wonderful job representing DCI. To be a bit blunt, I am wondering when (if ever) Boston will get their due as one of the premier ensembles in the organization. I would love to see the corps crack 4th place and then bring a batch of rings home :thumbup:/> . I certainly believe the organization is capable of this feat and have been increasingly impressed with them as of late.

I think they'll do a great job...they seem to be taking it pretty seriously...in fact, they are in Bradenton FL right now rehearsing, both parade stuff and 2013 Show material....no time to waste!

• Like 1