• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know what they are playing for music

In the parade ?

Anyone know what they are playing for music

In the parade ?

They've already been rehearsing it....it is a really cool, patriotic arrangement.....kind of an in-your-face, drum corps-ized piece....there's a bit of Yankee Doodle (which the corps played in the 60s'), some Battle Hymn of the Republic, and what sounded to me like a little bit of Chester mixed in, but I'm not certain.....

It's quite cool, actually, and a good dose of triple forte at points.....very "Boston/American Revolution/Civil War Anthem feel" :thumbup:

Oh and, I think it's called "The Parade Tune" lol!

I know it's not a drum corps, but it's exciting to see Georgia State's marching band, which has only been in existence for 3 years, representing the state of Georgia at the parade.

It might not be a drum corps, but it has plenty of drum corps connections. The Georgia State marching band's director, Chester Phillips, is a Cadets alum, there are several Spirit of Atlanta members in the band and Spirit, Blue Devils, Crown and Glassmen alums are among the band's instructors.

• Like 1