Boston Crusaders invited to Presidential Inaugural Parade

Didn't they have a pretty good football team this year and go to a national championship game at their level or some such ? ( I'm too lazy today to look it up, but I think I saw this school's football team on the gridiron as I was channel surfing sports on TV last week or so... or maybe it was basketball, as I can't fully recall what sport, but one of this college's athletic teams was on national TV for something just recently if I recall. )

I believe they were playing Old Dominion from Norfolk, Virginia. Was a good game to watch. Was nice to see some smaller schools on TV

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The musical units are chosen by the ---> STATE party <--- of the of the person who won the Presidential election.

This is NOT the first time for Boston Crusaders. I know they also did JFK one, and maybe another time.

Troopers did Clinton I think, and there have been others.

Has Nothing to do with ANY Drum Corps Circuts or Drum Corps Org's of any kind.

(Oh and by the way even though they are a Band. Jackson Memorial HS, of JACKSON, New Jersey.

Will do BOTH "Rose Bowl Parade" AND the "Pres. Inaugural Parade. (very Drum Corps Style Band)

Edited by OldStyleCorps

At least one post totally disappeared..............

CONGRATULATIONS "BOSTON CRUSADERS"

We will see you there! Jackson Memorial Jaguar Band

Jackson, NJ

(we look like the red and black Cavies)

The Boston Crusaders did President Johnson's inaugural in January of 1965. Richie Gobbi was the drum major that had the temerity to march past the President's box without playing anything but a street beat. CLASSIC!

President Kennedy was made an honorary Crusader when he was still the Senator from Massachusetts as he was instrumental in securing West Point Cadet uniforms for the corps back in the day. To my understanding this will only be the second time they have played an inaugural parade.

EAT 'EM UP, BOSTON!!!

• Like 1

It's Bush's fault drum corps haven't been invited for so long...

:tongue:/>

I guess four years is a long time. :rolleyes:

Both the Colts and Cadets participated in the last inaugural parade.

The Boston Crusaders did President Johnson's inaugural in January of 1965. Richie Gobbi was the drum major that had the temerity to march past the President's box without playing anything but a street beat. CLASSIC!

President Kennedy was made an honorary Crusader when he was still the Senator from Massachusetts as he was instrumental in securing West Point Cadet uniforms for the corps back in the day. To my understanding this will only be the second time they have played an inaugural parade.

EAT 'EM UP, BOSTON!!!

This!

It's Bush's fault drum corps haven't been invited for so long...

:tongue:/>

Spartans have performed for both Bush, and his father in inaugural parades along with several other inaugural appearances. The 2005 inauguration was quite cold, so I hope they dress warm. It's an incredible experience either way that they should cherish forever.

Spartans have performed for both Bush, and his father in inaugural parades along with several other inaugural appearances. The 2005 inauguration was quite cold, so I hope they dress warm. It's an incredible experience either way that they should cherish forever.

Oh, I know. I was just being a wise###. :tongue: