Carolina Crowns tick bombs causing problems

1. This is how we lose housing sites. Though not likely in this particular case, given the staff connections. Still, this is not the first camp for 80% of anyone there, and cleaning up a school is something you learn and perfect after first camp.

2. Youth Performing Group is an accurate and useful term for drum corps these days. It's how we get donations from rich people who have no idea at all what we are. It implies education and artistry, which are certainly attractive things to donate towards. So, IMO, idiot newspeople got it right. Props also to Jim Coates on excellent damage control.

• Like 8

A couple things that worry me:

1.) Do people even know how to read nowadays? I mean geez, look at the comments left on the article's page. You'd swear that some of them read the title and commented on it (highly likely).

2.) Did Coates need to explain the "tic bomb"? I think the explanation that it was a prop was just fine. I can't imagine that saying this was necessary. Comes off a little like hazing, but I can't imagine anyone outside our little world will read that far into it.

3.) If we get rid of the pit- that terrible, distracting, visual electronic mess at the front of the field we wouldn't need tarps! (PLEASE SEE MY SIGNATURE! sARCASM!)

P.S.- Not the story I was expecting when I clicked on the title. I was expecting some youtube video of crown's "tick" bombing in a performance. Would have been MUCH funnier. Oh well, I guess I can expect that won't happen anyways.

Edited by xtreme0204
  • Like 2

1. This is how we lose housing sites. Though not likely in this particular case, given the staff connections. Still, this is not the first camp for 80% of anyone there, and cleaning up a school is something you learn and perfect after first camp.

2. Youth Performing Group is an accurate and useful term for drum corps these days. It's how we get donations from rich people who have no idea at all what we are. It implies education and artistry, which are certainly attractive things to donate towards. So, IMO, idiot newspeople got it right. Props also to Jim Coates on excellent damage control.

Yepper! In my old boy scout days, we were taught to "leave it better than how you found it!" Good rule to apply to all!

Not sure how anyone could have missed such an article. Going forward, someone needs to do a last walk through before you turn the light off.

It might have been good damage control by Mr. Coats. Although it's surprising that this sort of thing can happen for an organization that is so used to travel, packing, unloading, leaving, etc. There's no excuse, really.

• Like 1