Carolina Crowns tick bombs causing problems

Cue the "THEY'RE NOT A PERFORMING GROUP, THEY'RE A DRUM CORPS, YOU IDIOT NEWSPEOPLE!" comment in 3...2...1...

I figured you'd have objected to the word "band". By contrast, "performing group" sounds pretty good! :rolleyes:/>/>/>/>

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 2

Rock Hill police recruit: "Sergeant, why are we watching Rocky and Bullwinkle cartoons?"

Rock Hill police Sergeant: "Bomb recognition." tongue.gif

• Like 1

... Props also to Jim Coates on excellent damage control.

I spoke with him about it at the Midwest Clinic in Chicago. He certainly handled it properly and respects the concern others outside the activity had when the prop was discovered. When he explained how it got left behind, (if I'm remembering correctly...put by the equipment truck and just plain overlooked), it was much more apparent how something like that could happen.

I doubt that anyone among us hasn't done (or not done) something without realizing it, and that something had ramifications we never expected nor desired. Stuff happens. Usually, though, when it happens to us individually, it doesn't make the news and we survive with our egos untouched.

If this had happened in the pre-Internet days, we likely would have never found out about it, an apology would be given to the local school folk and police, and no one would think anything more of it.

I do admit, though; it makes a great story. :tongue: