Carolina Crown 2013

From the Crown FB Page:

Hello Oklahoma!

We are looking for a housing location in the Oklahoma City/Edmond/Norman area for 2 rehearsal days on June 16th & 17th as we make our way to the West Coast.

Please contact nancy@carolinacrown.org with any information.
  • Like 1

I really like the idea of Crown taking on Brass Band stuff, it opens up a whole new world of compositions that they could tackle. How much brass band stuff has been played in drum corps before?

Check out Blue Knights in 2000. Not only was it their highest finish ever, they played Peter Graham music. (Montage and Essence of Time) Mandarins and Revolution also played Montage in 2002 (thanks, corpsreps.com!)

That's the best exaample off the top of my head.

Mike

Check out Blue Knights in 2000. Not only was it their highest finish ever, they played Peter Graham music. (Montage and Essence of Time) Mandarins and Revolution also played Montage in 2002 (thanks, corpsreps.com!)

That's the best exaample off the top of my head.

Mike

Cavaliers played Peter Graham's "Harrison's Dream" in 2010.

I really like the idea of Crown taking on Brass Band stuff, it opens up a whole new world of compositions that they could tackle. How much brass band stuff has been played in drum corps before?

Cadets did Phillip Sparke's "Year of the Dragon" in 1997. IIRC, it was originally written for the Cory brass band in 1984.

Cadets did Phillip Sparke's "Year of the Dragon" in 1997. IIRC, it was originally written for the Cory brass band in 1984.

Beat me to it! They followed up with Van der Roost's Stonehenge and Canterbury Cathedral. 97 and 98 are a couple of my very favorite shows.

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 1

Well, with 23 brass trophies I think BD is the corps to beat in that caption.

True. But weren't some of those won before a few of their current competitors even existed? That's a lot of catching up to do. But they have certainly set a standard for brass excellence and consistency over the decades whether they won that particular caption in certains years or not.

Didn't they win their first brass title on 2 valve or maybe even 1 valve with a slide horns, or as we called them back then "bugles" ? (Wow did I just date myself that badly?) . Just using that word makes me feel old. LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Any news from the Cream Team?

I thought after another great weekend camp we'd hear some great news, and maybe even another sound clip! I hope we do soon!

Anyone able to make it out to see them this past weekend?

Any news from the Cream Team?

I thought after another great weekend camp we'd hear some great news, and maybe even another sound clip! I hope we do soon!

Anyone able to make it out to see them this past weekend?

ahhh the "Crown Cone of Slience".

I was there voluntering and the music is sounding very very interesting. It dropped many jaws to the floor listening. :thumbup:

• Like 1