Carolina Crown 2013

Also, very winter percussion-ish.

Oh. God. No. Please no. Winter guard uniforms I think are just too tacky looking.

• Like 1

Crown 's repetoire, according to the newest edition of DCW magazine:

Also Spracht Zarthustra (2001 Space Odyssey 'theme')

Dark Side of the Moon - Lovatt Cooper

Einstein on the Beach - Phillip Glass [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Einstein_on_the_Beach] (which has spoken word for 5 characters and a 16 member SATB Chorus)

No mention of the show title; which was listed as E=mc2 on the Corps Reps 2013 page ...

Interesting too, as Crown heads West ... the LA Opera is "reviving" Einstein on the Beach for its' 2013 season ... interesting description and imagery link here: http://www.laopera.com/season/13-14Season-at-a-Glance/Einstein/

Edited by ashevillemurphy

This is not a hype post. This is a fact based post. The west coast will not know what hit them when Crown takes the field in June.

Eyes will open wide, mouths will drop and babies will be thrown from the stands

• Like 4

Just checked out "Einstein on the Beach" on youtube. Not much of a Glass fan in the first place but this piece made we want to put ice picks in my ears. Not sure what they will be able to do with a piece that is so repetitious..

But on a lighter note check out the Lego dance version. Some drill ideas maybe. LOL

Edited by bluesman

This is not a hype post. This is a fact based post. The west coast will not know what hit them when Crown takes the field in June.

Eyes will open wide, mouths will drop and babies will be thrown from the stands

They won't know what hit them. Polite crowds who appreciate good tone and quality shows. Never once heard a boo on the west coast.

• Like 2

Just checked out "Einstein on the Beach" on youtube. Not a Glass in the first place but this piece made we want to put ice picks in my ears. Not sure what they will be able to do with a piece that is so repetitious..

But on a lighter note check out the Lego dance version. Some drill ideas maybe. LOL

You may not like this piece but I think you'll appreciate how Crown does it.

• Like 1

They won't know what hit them. Polite crowds who appreciate good tone and quality shows. Never once heard a boo on the west coast.

Hmmm, I would talk to members of the Cadets in 2007 about the polite Cali crowd.

• Like 6

THIS. The west coast crowds are some of the best crowds you can play for all season, & they definitely don't give BD the "golf clap" treatment. I think that hearing the crowd giving BD overwhelming support will be more of what Crown never saw hitting them.

• Like 1

I am originally from the east coast and attended every DCI East from the 70's to the late 90's. The fans there have an expectation that all the DCI corps will attend and may sometimes do not show appreciation for every corps coming from a long distance (before you get in a huff, this is not everyone). However, in CA the fans are so happy to see other corps that they go wild for all of them. You could send out a 5 member corp and they would throw babies.

The longest standing O I ever saw in all my years of DC has to be the year Academy came here to perform for the very first time in exhibition (the year before they started to compete). The warmth from the crowd was overwhelming, just ask any Academy member about that day. If you ever come to a show here you will see that the crowd treats BDB as if they are world champions, it's great!

Don't worry, Crown can expect the same no matter what. I am happy that in the last five years many of the top corps have made an attempt to come here.

• Like 1

Just checked out "Einstein on the Beach" on youtube. Not a Glass in the first place but this piece made we want to put ice picks in my ears. Not sure what they will be able to do with a piece that is so repetitious..

It's a 5 hour opera/production: I feel certain Klesch and company can wring something usable out of it ...

oaln - maybe the props could be giant legos (wonder if DCI would spring for the synch rights? tongue firmly in cheek)!