Carolina Crown 2013

Enough of the uniform chat. Lets move on to the music they are playing......oh wait that's not been released either.

+1 for the ever so slightly passive aggressive comment :)

Edited by shawnguitarguy

Enough of the uniform chat. Lets move on to the music they are playing......oh wait that's not been released either.

Oh come on Charles, everyone already knows what music they are playing :) They just haven't made it official yet.

I've seen the uni up close. It's going to be a shock to some folks. Most reactions will be "love it or hate it." I don't anticipate too many lukewarmers on this one. :thumbup:/>

Regarding keeping everything hush hush until the public is nigh corpsgasmic whilst languishing for the sweet relief of an infinitessimal morsel of information: It is, quite simply, ABSURD.

It makes no difference in scoring. I can't imagine it makes that big a difference in ticket sales. I wouldn't think other corps are wringing their hands thinking, "Oh God! What are we going to do? Crown hasn't announced yet!" Just line up and knock the shorts off the audience already.

Now there's a mental picture for you!

Edited by wallace

As long as it's not bad (as in Phantom in khakis bad), we'll all be ok :)

• Like 1

how is "what they are playing" not official ...

it is on CorpsReps and was published in the current issue of Drum Corps World ...

I'm certain that "Crown" would be pretty vocal if these announcements were not accurate ...

• Like 1

how is "what they are playing" not official ...

it is on CorpsReps and was published in the current issue of Drum Corps World ...

I'm certain that "Crown" would be pretty vocal if these announcements were not accurate ...

The official designation would be reserved for announcements actually made by the corps -- I don't think Crown has said anything at all officially.

As for Crown being vocal, there've been lots of misrepresentations and rumors on DCP (and the interwebs in general) that corps don't bother to correct (so long as they're harmless).

All that being said -- the unofficial information might very well be accurate.ph34r.gif

• Like 2

If my count is correct Crown and Blue Devils will meet 20 times before finals week ...

and the "westies" (BD, CC, SCV) don't meet the "easties" (Regiment, Cadets, Coats, Cavies) until 3 weeks in...

should make for an interesting season ...

Edited by ashevillemurphy
  • Like 2

If my count is correct Crown and Blue Devils will meet 20 times before finals week ... should make for an interesting season ...

Best out of 23 (counting Indy clashes)???

And we thought the NHL's best out of 7 for the Rangers to whoop the Caps was a long trouncing!!!

If your numbers are accurate, that means there will only be 5 shows that BD will not be meeting CC out of BD's 28 appearences, including Indy week. That's quite a grudge match, although both administrations will officially deny that such a thing exists in DCI. Hockey fight!

Edited by drilltech1
  • Like 2

I've seen the uni up close. It's going to be a shock to some folks. Most reactions will be "love it or hate it." I don't anticipate too many lukewarmers on this one. :thumbup:/>/>

Regarding keeping everything hush hush until the public is nigh corpsgasmic whilst languishing for the sweet relief of an infinitessimal morsel of information: It is, quite simply, ABSURD.

It makes no difference in scoring. I can't imagine it makes that big a difference in ticket sales. I wouldn't think other corps are wringing their hands thinking, "Oh God! What are we going to do? Crown hasn't announced yet!" Just line up and knock the shorts off the audience already.

Now there's a mental picture for you!

Does the cut (funky shako - off center plume, element running down entire left side, etc.) resemble the image that Crown has presented for fundraising purposes ...