Carolina Crown 2013

Sorry to the haters and bitter dinosaurs (of which I'm one). This IS innovative. If this is where the activity is headed.....count me in.

In the Troopers thread you said you didn't understand the whole need to change and questioned whether or not the uniform would improve scores and also said that the guard uniform made you sad.

Here it is innovative.

Why can you "open your mind" here but not there if this is where the activity may be headed?

• Like 2

In the Troopers thread you said you didn't understand the whole need to change and questioned whether or not the uniform would improve scores and also said that the guard uniform made you sad.

Here it is innovative.

Why can you "open your mind" here but not there if this is where the activity may be headed?

Be careful, Daave. You are asking for people to be a little logical and realistic about the activity in a forum where criticism is not generally tolerated well. Tread lightly.

• Like 5

Be careful, Daave. You are asking for people to be a little logical and realistic about the activity in a forum where criticism is not generally tolerated well. Tread lightly.

You're right. I apologize to the Crown fans for being off topic.

I'm just a curmudgeon.

• Like 2

Try to open your mind.

I have to chime in here, because this is a huge pet peeve of mine. You can watch a show with an open mind, and still wind up disliking it. I hate it when someone calls somebody else "close-minded" just because they don't agree with them.

Edited by mikespeed
  • Like 5

I have to chime in here, because this is a huge pet peeve of mine. You can watch a show with an open mind, and still wind up disliking it. I hate it when someone calls somebody else "close-minded" just because they don't agree with them.

I have found, mikespeed, that criticism is generally equal to "closed-mindedness" on the forum. Hence, the several red negatives I have received over the years for being critical of a corps I marched with over two decades ago. Critical assessment of a corps one has marched with has generally been perceived as the ultimate betrayal, even when it MAY be deserved. I generally think carefully about my posts and, although at times, I could have said something in a different way, I am usually satisfied with the content of my critique over the years on DCP and, therefore, have few regrets in this regard.

• Like 2

Attempting to lighten the mood a bit, here you can find all the latest CROWNminutes! It appears that they're doing more updates this year!

• Like 2

Here it is innovative.

It's all context my friend.

• Like 1