Carolina Crown 2013

When I first saw Crown's uniform, I thought it was hideous, but I tried to keep an open mind, thinking "Hey, maybe it'll look better in a large group." Having seen those pictures now...yeah, it's still hideous. You may fire when ready.

It looks like a dark comedy clown costume rather than a uniform. I completely agree with you. Glad I didn't pay for it. It is a critique that seems well deserved. I'm sure this is something Einstein would have worn on the beach.

• Like 6

When I first saw Crown's uniform, I thought it was hideous, but I tried to keep an open mind, thinking "Hey, maybe it'll look better in a large group." Having seen those pictures now...yeah, it's still hideous. You may fire when ready.

Honestly...I am also not liking the new uniforms. Why a corps with a unique look (All cream) would abandon that is really strange to me. It's like the corps today can not move fast enough from season to season to change their identities (Be it look, show choice...etc).

On a good note....I heard some of the show and it sounds like a pretty good one....

I have found, mikespeed, that criticism is generally equal to "closed-mindedness" on the forum. Hence, the several red negatives I have received over the years for being critical of a corps I marched with over two decades ago. Critical assessment of a corps one has marched with has generally been perceived as the ultimate betrayal, even when it MAY be deserved. I generally think carefully about my posts and, although at times, I could have said something in a different way, I am usually satisfied with the content of my critique over the years on DCP and, therefore, have few regrets in this regard.

Not everyone here (either in this thread or on the forum) treats criticism that way. Your generalization is just as bad (but in the other direction).

And I think the red negs are dumb,dumb,dumb. But hey -- I don't run DCP. I can only observe that since adding them, there's far more clicking and far less talking.

For a time last season I had many of the "silent posters" -- at least here in the Crown thread -- choosing to just forgo posting instead of clicking the stupid red button. I agree it often comes off as an attempt to "shout a poster down" with clicks instead of taking the time to engage them on the merits.

I'll make the appeal again. If your a Crown honk (like me :-) and see postings which are basically trolls, just ignore them. No need to be rude and red click someone. If you disagree with someone, explain why they're wrong. It's a lot more satisfying (and contributes to the well-being of the discussion board).

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 2

Not everyone here (either in this thread or on the forum) treats criticism that way. Your generalization is just as bad (but in the other direction).

And I think the red negs are dumb,dumb,dumb. But hey -- I don't run DCP. I can only observe that since adding them, there's far more clicking and far less talking.

For a time last season I had many of the "silent posters" -- at least here in the Crown thread -- choosing to just forgo posting instead of clicking the stupid red button. I agree it often comes off as an attempt to "shout a poster down" with clicks instead of taking the time to engage them on the merits.

I'll make the appeal again. If your a Crown honk (like me :-) and people want to troll, just ignore them. No need to be rude and red click someone. If you disagree with someone, explain why they're wrong. It's a lot more satisfying (and contributes to the well-being of the discussion board).

Although we have not always agreed, I have a great deal of respect for the way you say what you do on DCP, corpsband. Thank you for this great post, and the red negatives have never kept me from saying something I felt needed to be said, although they have helped me develop my skills in how I say it, in many instances not all, however.

Edited by Corbin
  • Like 1

Although we have not always agreed, I have a great deal of respect for the way you say what you do on DCP, corpsband. Thank you for this great post, and the red negatives have never kept me from saying something I felt needed to be said, although they have helped me develop my skills in how I say it, in many instances not all, however.

And I think the dark comedy clown costume is going to work really well on the field colgate.gif All of the uniforms in DCI are designed to be visually effective at a distance. Making a uniform which accomplishes that AND is easier to move in AND is one third the weight also seems like sensible choices.

But it's ok for people to not like the uniform. People have opinions and they sometimes differ. Heck if we all stepped back from being drum corps nerds and looked at the activity -- the whole thing is pretty silly. And pretending that kids running on the field are somehow "bad-a##" is actually pretty funny. But we're fans so we take things seriously -- sometimes a bit too seriously :-) It's all good.

Go Crown !!

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 2

So much talk about like and dislike. I will hold my opinion til I see them on the field. I am a Crown honk but will take a honest opinion when it comes to it

Two days and I get to see em. I know I've already said this, cannot freakin wait. :satisfied:/>

I couldn't believe someone actually gave you a negative click for such a positive comment. I'll be sure to correct that for ya. I'll be watching them this weekend thru the fan network. Can't wait!

• Like 2

I couldn't believe someone actually gave you a negative click for such a positive comment. I'll be sure to correct that for ya. I'll be watching them this weekend thru the fan network. Can't wait!

Psh, oh well, haters gonna hate. :tongue: Thanks though, I appreciate it. :winky:

Pretty excited to get to see someone this early on, hasn't happened since Bluecoats rehearsed in my area in 2009 (Oregon Crusaders did last year, but I was on my way to San Antonio). Gonna get to see some friends who marched a few years ago (not Crown), get to catch up with em while watching an amazing group. Perfect day in my opinion. Haha.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 1