Carolina Crown 2013

which ever approach one takes, it should be done well for the sake of the members of the corps and for the respect of those watching.

Unfortunatley, someone failed to edit the vimeo of this corps on the DCI web page today. the appearence is haphazard, not free or celebratory. euphoniums up/down?

See what i mean?doh.gif

See what i mean?doh.gif

You don't think the young Crownie is not embarassed that this wasn't edited out. Think again.

You don't think the young Crownie is not embarassed that this wasn't edited out. Think again.

Well since the video (which is on Vine not Vimeo btw ?) is a total of 7 secs out of the parade -- umm -- let me think about that...hmmm......no.

There's a youtube video of Crown at the parade. Go watch it (with your clipboard in hand). Meanwhile both the kids AND the parade crowd had a GREAT experience. Now go watch the parade videos from Bristol in the past few years. O.M.G. The HORROR... I'm sure you've already broken your pencil.

I suggest you talk to a member of Crown about their parade experiences, I think you'll find that the "tic" in that video is just...irrelevant.

Crown is literally the only drum corps I know where the members CAN'T WAIT to march in a parade. They consider the 4th a HIGHLIGHT of the season.

Your comment about "doing it well" is just far afield. Crown *does* do their parades well -- extremely well -- with more respect for the spectators than you can imagine. And -- invariably -- the spectators LOVE THEM for it.

As I said earlier -- there are some who just don't 'get it'.

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 5

Well since the video (which is on Vine not Vimeo btw ?) is a total of 7 secs out of the parade -- umm -- let me think about that...hmmm......no.

There's a youtube video of Crown at the parade. Go watch it (with your clipboard in hand). Meanwhile both the kids AND the parade crowd had a GREAT experience. Now go watch the parade videos from Bristol in the past few years. O.M.G. The HORROR... I'm sure you've already broken your pencil.

I suggest you talk to a member of Crown about their parade experiences, I think you'll find that the "tic" in that video is just...irrelevant.

Crown is literally the only drum corps I know where the members CAN'T WAIT to march in a parade. They consider the 4th a HIGHLIGHT of the season.

Your comment about "doing it well" is just far afield. Crown *does* do their parades well -- extremely well -- with more respect for the spectators than you can imagine. And -- invariably -- the spectators LOVE THEM for it.

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

• Like 1

Preach it.

People are just jealous because Crown members will never know the pain of marching in a parade. (Not that they are even that bad, even just playing Washington Post, not breaking, and your cadence is the drumline's triplet exercise or whateverthumbdown.gif was fun for me). Also, when you play the music that they play during parades.. if you aren't loose.. you are just gonna look special.....

• Like 1

Some people are just stuck in the past about parades. Or they think that drum corps kids are robots who have no emotions and no desire to have fun, or that rehearsal is the most fun part of our days. I think it's great that Crown can cut loose and have fun during parades. The kids in the crowd seem to love it, and since parades are for community outreach instead of competition, more power to them. I wish more corps would take the example of Crown and make parades fun. Same with encores. Drum corps can be fun people, I promise. It doesn't have to all be serious all of the time.

• Like 4