Carolina Crown 2013

Its a clean look when the members are instructed to put hair up into shako and not have facial hair. Watching ZZTop marching around the field does is not a crisp look.

I was just looking through some of the pictures of Crown via Facebook and noticed something. It seems none of the male members have facial hair. Is this just a coincidence or is this actually a policy for Crown? Just curious...

It's been corps policy for a while now. Not sure when exactly it started, but I think at least a couple years before I started (09). The guard was allowed to have facial hair for Rach Star, though, since it fit the show.

Its a clean look when the members are instructed to put hair up into shako and not have facial hair. Watching ZZTop marching around the field does is not a crisp look.

Maybe they would fit into the Cavies show...given the long coats they are wearing.

worchester2-M.jpg

Edited by MikeD
  • Like 1

I was in this prematurely air conditioned supermarket. And, there were all these aisles and there were all these bathing caps that you can buy, that had these kind of 4th of July plumes on them. They were red and yellow and blue. I wasn't temped to buy one but, I was reminded of the fact! That I had been avoiding the beach!

Edited by boxingfred
  • Like 4

Agreed. I'm with Buddy Rich on this one. "Young people...with FACES. No more ####### beards!!!"

• Like 1

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHH61V-mkBY[/media]

There's some Rolling Thunder in here, their parade tune (I think), and a couple of other things. I have to say, those guys at the beginning have some serious singing chops. Great arranging too.

This video just goes to show how great these guys (as well as any other ensemble that performs at TOC shows) are at performing, no matter what the task (drum corps show, small ensemble, singing quartet).

• Like 6

I was in this prematurely air conditioned supermarket.

Wait. What?

Edited by HockeyDad

There's some Rolling Thunder in here, their parade tune (I think), and a couple of other things. I have to say, those guys at the beginning have some serious singing chops. Great arranging too.

This video just goes to show how great these guys (as well as any other ensemble that performs at TOC shows) are at performing, no matter what the task (drum corps show, small ensemble, singing quartet).

Thanks for sharing this!! Those are some very talented PERFORMERS and I could listen to them all day. Just superb!

• Like 1