Carolina Crown 2013

Unfortunately, DCI ran into some issues: they encountered copyright problems on the numbers 2, 4, and 8. Everything else in Crown's show will be left intact. wink.gif

I hear they are having to redigitize the last set in the opener to:

E = mc*c

Just went back and watched their 2012 and 2009 programs

Boy do I wish one of those would have taken the gold

2012 - feel brass, drill and drums were all better than 13's -- guard better in 13 obviously

2009 remains my favorite Crown program - nothing comes close - LOVE IT :thumbup:

Also I personally greatly prefer their cream uni to the purple. Makes the corps look huge and distinctive. But yeah, I know, they show dirt.

And the demand of the drill in 2009/10/11/12 to the drill in 13. 12's drill was nuts. 09's drill was just perfect. The drill into the crown = :thumbup: The drill into the final company front = :blink: aka unbelievable!

The music arrangements and some of the drill moves in 09 have yet to be topped by Crown in my opinion. 13 is so derivative by comparison.

But judging by this thread I'm the only one = which is fine. Carry on :thumbup:

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 1

I'm probably more than a little biased as t was my rookie year, but '09 is still my favorite Crown show, followed by 2012. I'm not even sure I'd rate 2013 above '07 or '08 in terms of my personal enjoyment, but I'll have to wait and see. My feelings about shows always change a fair amount over time, especially in the months after the end of the season.

I'm probably more than a little biased as t was my rookie year, but '09 is still my favorite Crown show, followed by 2012. I'm not even sure I'd rate 2013 above '07 or '08 in terms of my personal enjoyment, but I'll have to wait and see. My feelings about shows always change a fair amount over time, especially in the months after the end of the season.

yeah we seem to be in agreement... but smart point / should probably give it six months or so

09 is one of my favorite shows ever of ANY corps - and that corps got better all 3 nights during finals week - really fun to watch.

Edited by George Dixon

2009 was just pure magic in so many ways. The drill, as George mentioned, is amazing. The music is amazing. The performance was amazing. That is one year that I can understand why BD scored so high, although I felt BD's show was relatively sterile compared to Crown's.

In 2012, I thought Crown had the superior show and performance over BD (although I actually enjoyed BD's 2012 show more than their 2009 show). Compared to 2013, I thought 2012 had better drill and more challenge. But I do believe Crown's 2013 brassline was their best ever, and possibly the best Bb brassline ever.

• Like 1

OK...I will play along. My first hope is that there is a Bertrand or PLC original composition in the works (which I have expressed to a few on the design team). But in second place I would love a show played around PLC's Immortal. I DO think they will continue the brass band piece(s) this year.

"Immortal" was on top of my list for them to play until I heard "

". The material that starts around the 9:02 mark has also become a standalone piece called "Enter the Galaxies".

Same about '09.

Thank you for your service.

Great to meet you and your folks at Allentown. Congrats, Alum, you have a mighty fine drum corps.

• Like 1