Carolina Crown 2013

Just went back and watched their 2012 and 2009 programs

Boy do I wish one of those would have taken the gold

2012 - feel brass, drill and drums were all better than 13's -- guard better in 13 obviously

2009 remains my favorite Crown program - nothing comes close - LOVE IT :thumbup:

Also I personally greatly prefer their cream uni to the purple. Makes the corps look huge and distinctive. But yeah, I know, they show dirt.

And the demand of the drill in 2009/10/11/12 to the drill in 13. 12's drill was nuts. 09's drill was just perfect. The drill into the crown = :thumbup: The drill into the final company front = :blink: aka unbelievable!

The music arrangements and some of the drill moves in 09 have yet to be topped by Crown in my opinion. 13 is so derivative by comparison.

But judging by this thread I'm the only one = which is fine. Carry on :thumbup:

I agree with you on several points, especially regarding the uniforms. I loved the cream uniforms too. Regarding "The Grass is Always Greener," I don't think you're the only one who loves that show. Lots of people thought they should have won and still do. I think it solidified Crown as a major player. Personally, "Rach Star" is my favorite, at least sentimentally, but E=mc2 is one of those unforgettable shows that goes in the same category as iconic shows such as SCV 1989, 1991 Star, PR in 2008 with "Spartacus," etc. I'm just glad I was in Indy and saw a historic moment in drum corps, but I still wish I saw it happen last year.

Edited by Tim K
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

So, the 2013 CDs came in the mail for me today and I had to resurrect this thread to say that Crown sounds AMAZING on it! It's like being back at LOS again! Not only can you feel the Corps kicking it up another notch, but you can actually feel the audience willing Crown to win!

All that's left to say is this:

#purplepantsband #purplepantschamps #threepeatott

Congrats again, Crown!!! Well deserved!!!

• 9 months later...

With two camps under their belt, it's time to start talking about Crown 2013 !! I've heard a little here and there and all I've got say is: Crown's 2013 is production is going to be out of this world !!

Any more camp reports folks want to share?

Go Crown!

Meanwhile here's some just posted video from the BOA/ Muncie camp last season.

heh.

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

If anyone has Chrome and wants my theme..... I created a theme as a tribute to 2013 Crown...https://www.mychrome...0vyqnalk94haa82

• 11 months later...

Sorry to resurrect an old thread...but I was just very curious about the narration in the opening of the show - does anyone have a transcription of this? And/or where did this come from? What was it supposed to represent, the disjointed, half-phrases about random things about railroads for workers, is it frankie, and some of the other things I couldn't really make out.

Thanks.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread...but I was just very curious about the narration in the opening of the show - does anyone have a transcription of this? And/or where did this come from? What was it supposed to represent, the disjointed, half-phrases about random things about railroads for workers, is it frankie, and some of the other things I couldn't really make out.

Thanks.

It's from Einstein on the Beach, Knee Play 1:

https://www.musixmatch.com/lyrics/Philip-Glass-Ensemble-Michael-Reisman/Einstein-On-the-Beach-Knee-Play-1

• Like 1

Wow, thanks!

Now how to interpret what is being said...not sure what the point of it is all about. Almost like someone is looping through radio stations.

Wow, thanks!

Now how to interpret what is being said...not sure what the point of it is all about. Almost like someone is looping through radio stations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1PxYB0wqSE

it's a long video but well worth watching (and gives you a whole different appreciation of Crown's program)

Edited by corpsband

• 6 years later...
On 12/21/2012 at 3:55 AM, Kevin. said:

"...out of this world." What does that mean?!?! A space show? Star Wars!? The Planets!?!

I'm obviously experiencing some pretty severe drum corps withdraw...let's go Crown! Hope it's another one to remember.

We now know that the hint was for two years later (Crown 2014)