Carolina Crown 2013

1371744249[/url]' post='3269710']

Man, they are fantastic. All three sections. Just great. Drums MUCH improved.

The show and the "look" just aren't doing it for me though. The shako (or whatever it is) makes them appear to be not-very-tall, and the purple with black makes them practically invisible, which is disappointing because they looked HUGE in the cream uniforms.

I don't understand why the Also Sprach thing is so long. They are about 45 seconds over maximum length right now... possible that a part of the intro is supposed to be a warm up?

Everything before the first big hit is the preshow.

For the first time in a very long time I really like the overlaid voice in this production. Won’t see it live until Saturday but it seems a bit unbalanced, might be better if they tried it at half volume? Might they experiment with the balance as the season progresses?

My first question is....

Who are you, and what did you do with Hrothgar15!!!!!

:thumbup:/>

• Like 3

in the latest video, love the audience reaction to the hornline towards the end of the perc feature thumbup.gif

1371748036[/url]' post='3269761']

So did I miss it in that latest higher-up view or is there not (yet) a crown set in Crown's show?

No, you're correct. There isn't a crown set in yet. I don't know this for sure, but the current ending feels temporary so I'm sure that'll change soon.

According to Crown's CEO in the Fieldpass interview today with Dan Potter, this Cali tour is costing Crown an extra $30K and is why they took an additional 4 shows. That's a lot of extra souvies to sell. Would they be selling the Cream unis or are they keeping them just in case White Dawn is correct that the new uni is too dark on the field to see all the extras and difficulty in the show? Either way, kudos don't help the corps. A souvie sell does. Right, Corpsband?

According to Crown's CEO in the Fieldpass interview today with Dan Potter, this Cali tour is costing Crown an extra $30K and is why they took an additional 4 shows. That's a lot of extra souvies to sell. Would they be selling the Cream unis or are they keeping them just in case White Dawn is correct that the new uni is too dark on the field to see all the extras and difficulty in the show? Either way, kudos don't help the corps. A souvie sell does. Right, Corpsband?

I have to agree that the uniforms were too dark on the field. I was up high on 50 yard line in a small stadium and found it difficult to appreciate the body movement, especially in the pre show.

I do like the style of the uniform itself, but believe if they had used a different color combination it would be more effective. The black gloves, especially make it hard to see. That's why drum majors wear white gloves. If you're gonna draw attention to the hands the crowd should be able to see them.

A cream/purple/black combination with the new uniform would've been more effective and preserved crowns "cream" identity.

Edited by GREENBLUE
  • Like 1

I watched the youtube video (yes, I am basing my comments on a VIDEO) and I gotta say how much I love that hornline. They are incredible. That narration though is really annoying, especially in the ballad. Either way, they are looking and sounding great for June. Can't wait to see them at Finals.

• Like 1

I have to agree that the uniforms were too dark on the field. I was up high on 50 yard line in a small stadium and found it difficult to appreciate the body movement, especially in the pre show.

I do like the style of the uniform itself, but believe if they had used a different color combination it would be more effective. The black gloves, especially make it hard to see. That's why drum majors wear white gloves. If you're gonna draw attention to the hands the crowd should be able to see them.

A cream/purple/black combination with the new uniform would've been more effective and preserved crowns "cream" identity.

I was wondering about this too because from the run throughs that I saw, the body work looked REALLY clean, especially for this time of year. Not sure that it will be as effective in years past now with the darker unis.

That orange stripe will definitely help pronounce the lower body stuff they do. For better or worse.

I would reserve judgement until I view them in a stadium under lights. I do think the orange stripe running from plume down is a fantastic idea but the darker overall color will make them look smaller. Having said that, they counteracted that logistic by spreading them all over the field so that works. Horn line is ridiculous but has been for 6 years and we know that in and of itself, doesn't win championships. We will need to see BD and Cadets on the field to really get a feel for where Crown will sit. I'm sure, they will be competitive. :tongue: