Carolina Crown 2013

Love the show. The narration during the Abyss seems a bit heavy and somewhat forced to me. I would love to hear what it would sound like if the voices of the lovers were different than those of the narrator.

"And suddenly she spoke...... Do you love me John?" My ear wants to hear a feminine voice in the question. Then have a different male voice answer her. Of course I am not on the design team nor am I qualified to be.... just a personal observation.

Edited by bluesman

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=iu-xbFO0d2E - Pacific Crest

http://www.youtube.c...aKHJ8-YYj3iUSog - The Academy (Better Version)

Performances from Yesterday

you got a video of Blue Knights from yesterday?

I watched the youtube video (yes, I am basing my comments on a VIDEO) and I gotta say how much I love that hornline. They are incredible. That narration though is really annoying, especially in the ballad. Either way, they are looking and sounding great for June. Can't wait to see them at Finals.

On the video you can actually hear people laughing at the narration in the ballad. It's just so awkward. Why do corps staffs have such a stubborn blind spot for spoken word stuff?

• Like 6

I still do not get Crown. Every thing is too over done IMO.

• Like 1

I love the Abyss section music. It's a nice lush piece.

Why Crown are you using almost invisible (see-through) flags during it? Visually it's just strange. The purple practice flags shown in the various rehersal videos posted do more to enhance the music than your show flags.

Edited by LincolnV

994284_10151666642692641_1698308015_n.jpg

I hate to tell ya this CB ol' buddy.....they'll never get this bunch back on the farm, once they've seen LA LA Land. :tongue:/>

• Like 1

I watched the youtube video (yes, I am basing my comments on a VIDEO) and I gotta say how much I love that hornline. They are incredible. That narration though is really annoying, especially in the ballad. Either way, they are looking and sounding great for June. Can't wait to see them at Finals.

I agree wholeheartedly. Hornline is just outstanding. The narration is just distracting at best, and with that ballad, just plain cheesy. As a BD fan, the only show I didn't like was 2005 Dance Derby show, because the awful narration distracted and took away from some great music. I also couldn't get used to the french dude yacking away in last year's show. Cadets in 2008 ... ugh ... cheesy. Here, with Crown 2013, we have an amazing hornline, outstanding music, and that incessant counting by a fake choir stamping over what would have been excellent musical moments. Now, if were just that counting blather, that's one thing ... but the ballad with the lover poem thing ... cringe worthy! This corps does NOT need that much narration. It's strength is their amazing hornline and musicality. Let it shine through uninterrupted!

Drumline sounds pretty good ... probably improved from what was relatively a weakness last year. Visually, a very interesting and challenging drill. Will probably be easier to clean and have clarity vs last year. UNiform color does indeed make the corps look smaller to me. Those transparent flags in the ballad are hard to see, at least on YouTube video.

Overall -- can't wait to see them at Stanford! Wonderful music! I'm going to try and block out that narration though. Just NOT necessary, IM(maybe not so)HO. Wonder if DCP community will have as violent a reaction to it as they did with Cadets and BD in the past...

• Like 2

1371759887[/url]' post='3269883']

I have not found one yet but I am still looking