Sal Salas leaving Glassmen

Hope this is not the begining of a staff exodus. Sal leaving in itself is not a big impact and may allow some better programs. Just hope others are not following him out the door. By as quick as he was announced at SCV this was not a unplanned move by Mr Salas.

• Like 1

Why is this good for SCV???

That's exactly what Im thinking. His programs and ideas haven't been exactly stellar for a while now! Not sure this is great news for Vanguard or their guard program!

Later,

Mike

• Like 4

Funny that losing Sal means death and destruction for Glassmen, and that gaining him means death and destruction for SCV :rolleyes: I think it is absolutely a pickup for the Vanguard; Sal's sophisticated programming will be a great fit with the corps' identity, and the talent that comes out of Santa Clara will do great things on the field with their brand.

• Like 2

Funny that losing Sal means death and destruction for Glassmen, and that gaining him means death and destruction for SCV rolleyes.gif I think it is absolutely a pickup for the Vanguard; Sal's sophisticated programming will be a great fit with the corps' identity, and the talent that comes out of Santa Clara will do great things on the field with their brand.

I'm guess that he has had some great designs. I think he was involved with Madison Scouts' 2005 "The Carmen Project", but I could be wrong about that. I REALLY love that show...

As far as Glassmen shows go, I haven't been the greatest fan of any of the shows post 2005. Sorry, but I DO love the corps and the PEOPLE are very classy! I do not know who came up with the programming during those years, but they're not my cup of tea. I do love the 1997-2004 show designs. I believe that he was involved in some of those shows.

Anyway, only time will time if it's a good fit, but I'd guess that it's going to be a good fit in the team assembled in Santa Clara.

I have no idea what this means for Glassmen though.

Edited by jjeffeory

I'm guess that he has had some great designs. I think he was involved with Madison Scouts' 2005 "The Carmen Project", but I could be wrong about that. I REALLY love that show...

As far as Glassmen shows go, I haven't been the greatest fan of any of the shows post 2005. Sorry, but I DO love the corps and the PEOPLE are very classy! I do not know who came up with the programming during those years, but they're not my cup of tea. I do love the 1997-2004 show designs. I believe that he was involved in some of those shows.

Anyway, only time will time if it's a good fit, but I'd guess that it's going to be a good fit in the team assembled in Santa Clara.

I have no idea what this means for Glassmen though.

I believe the pre 05 shows also had Mike Cesario involved (which the Carmen Project ) did as well. Since Sal is not coordinator at SCV I think it will be OK, his guard ideas are better than his show ones by historical reference.

• Like 1

Curious, is there someone lurking in this thread with an axe to grind against Sal? It seems that anyone who says the man has made positive contributions to the activity gets one of the dreaded "minuses"...

I wouldn't normally waste a post on this, but this seems to be clear case of rules violation by targeting an individual, and one who has professionally dedicated themselves to the success of our activity to boot.

• Like 2