Guardians Drum Bugle Corp? Wow...

Bottom line IMO... we have a new Sound Sport/Mini Corps..... :thumbup:

win/win.....

• Like 3

So...after reading through this thread, a lot of hate. A whole lot. But hey...he did it. Apparently the corps turned into a Soundsport thing for this season, and might continue to recruit more for next season as an Open Class DCI corps.

They had their very first performance alongside the Crossmen last week for their "Friends and family" type event. A few Youtube clips are up too:

Thanks for finding this video, interesting video like the uniforms. Looks like according to the website they are going to apply for open class in 2013 season. Good luck to them!

• Like 1

Sounded pretty good for failure to me...id be proud of those kids and what they have accomplished director included. I gave you/him credit--he has done much better than some more local to me who HAS experience in a top level corps, is well old enough and should be able to get together enough of an organization to make a real run at it, YET in years of trying, hasn't gotten as far as this "kid" has gotten...don't listen to em--leaders move beyond cynics and misplaced criticism--go get em and keep building! Cant wait to see you on the field in years to come.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Beyond the lack of horns, equipment and uniforms problem, let’s look at a bigger issue....is this an official organization? Has it been filed with the IRS or a local bank?

Personally, I have no idea the process behind that, but there has to be some financial work done before the organization can start pulling in members, right?

It takes a hundred bucks or so in corporate filing fees, that's about it.

• Like 1

Those look quite a lot like Cedar Park's band uniforms. Were these purchased from them, or are they borrowed for the summer? It's a good look, but I recognized them from watching BOA over the years.

Those look quite a lot like Cedar Park's band uniforms. Were these purchased from them, or are they borrowed for the summer? It's a good look, but I recognized them from watching BOA over the years.

i believe they were purchased from them.

i believe they were purchased from them.

Makes sense. I knew those looked familiar. Good that they were able to purchase used uniforms to save money, instead of spending a ton of money for new ones. Financially responsible corps it would seem