Guardians Drum Bugle Corp? Wow...

Makes sense. I knew those looked familiar. Good that they were able to purchase used uniforms to save money, instead of spending a ton of money for new ones. Financially responsible corps it would seem

We have tried to start in the most budget friendly fashion.

The uniforms did indeed come from Cedar Park High School from a connection I have with their assistant director. We maintain a very strong relationship with the larger schools of Austin (Cedar Park, Round Rock, Lake Travis, Westwood, Dripping Springs, Pflugerville, Hays) and the San Antonio area (Johnson, Madison, MacArthur, Seguin, Texas State University), which has gotten us very far in terms of recruitment of not only students, but staff members as well.

Johnathan Doerr

Corps Director

Edited by guardiansdbc
  • Like 2

The uniforms did indeed come from Cedar Park High School from a connection I have with their assistant director. We maintain a very strong relationship with the larger schools of Austin (Cedar Park, Round Rock, Lake Travis, Westwood, Dripping Springs, Pflugerville, Hays) and the San Antonio area (Johnson, Madison, MacArthur, Seguin, Texas State University), which has gotten us very far in terms of recruitment of not only students, but staff members as well.

Johnathan Doerr

Corps Director

Johnathan,

I have to say, "GREAT JOB" so far!!! These arm chair, second fiddle naysayers, negativists,...don't do any good but make the rest of us stronger. It's so funny to read how they pounce down on the corps, telling you it's going to be a failure, blah blah blah...

Keep it going and hallelujeah!

Roger

Houston, TX.

It takes a hundred bucks or so in corporate filing fees, that's about it.

Filing for IRS Tax Exempt status is a very time-consuming process (several months), and costs a minimum of $500 if you do it yourself without accounting and/or legal assistance. Some states also require you to apply for tax exempt status within the state.

Edited by ATXguard

Johnathan Doerr

Corps Director

That's exactly what needs to be done. Great to see such good planning for the corps, I hope you guys have a great season, and work well long into the future. DCI needs more corps out there entertaining and competing.