Crossmen 2013

So if 600 folks auditioned, paying an average of $200 in registration and camp fees, and only 150 actually made the corps, that leaves 450 folks who paid $200 to the corps and got scratch. That equals at least $90,000 clear profit for the corps without having to provide any services other than a camp that they would have conducted anyway. That my friends is good business!

• Like 1

1st fan video of the complete show (standstill at the Capitol) is up.

So if 600 folks auditioned, paying an average of $200 in registration and camp fees, and only 150 actually made the corps, that leaves 450 folks who paid $200 to the corps and got scratch. That equals at least $90,000 clear profit for the corps without having to provide any services other than a camp that they would have conducted anyway. That my friends is good business!

Are you saying it was this ?

Edited by BRASSO

Bones cymbal line photo shoot. Some of the most Bad### drum corps photos I've ever seen. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4858481510664.1073741845.1555920113&type=1

Nice :thumbup:/>/>

79u7.jpg

Is it any different for any of the other top corps? Don't they all get more people auditioning than they pick?

1st fan video of the complete show (standstill at the Capitol) is up.

This is going to be a very popular and accessible show to the audience. I think the Sting song("She's Too Good for Me") is already my favorite and I love the Naffier mash-up of "Sounds of Silence" with Pink Floyd's "Goodbye Blue Sky". Can't wait to see it on the field.

Edited by barigirl78

The corps provided housing ,instruction, use of instruments and 4 complete meals a day over the entire camp schedule. Not sure why you felt compelled to make that post. Appears more of a criticism than anything else.

• Like 1

The corps provided housing ,instruction, use of instruments and 4 complete meals a day over the entire camp schedule. Not sure why you felt compelled to make that post. Appears more of a criticism than anything else.

Perish the thought that a corps would receive criticism or need accountability for how monies are collected and spent. Mismanagement of funds is a problem in DCI. This is why DCP is now so disappointing, namely no one can critique, even in a constructive manner without someone taking it personally. I, frankly, am tired of the lavish spending that has gone on in some corps and seeing dues sky-rocket. Why do corps need new uniforms every year? Why do they need new instruments every year? It seems that if someone wants to march in an upper elite corps, they have to put out a second mortgage on a house. Too many people on the forum, especially during the season, spend a lot of time ignoring some major issues (e.g., the (mis)use of funds) that have led to the demise of many, many corps. Nuff said.

Is there a limit on how many kids can audition for a corps?

No.

Perish the thought that a corps would receive criticism or need accountability for how monies are collected and spent. Mismanagement of funds is a problem in DCI. This is why DCP is now so disappointing, namely no one can critique, even in a constructive manner without someone taking it personally. I, frankly, am tired of the lavish spending that has gone on in some corps and seeing dues sky-rocket. Why do corps need new uniforms every year? Why do they need new instruments every year? It seems that if someone wants to march in an upper elite corps, they have to put out a second mortgage on a house. Too many people on the forum, especially during the season, spend a lot of time ignoring some major issues (e.g., the (mis)use of funds) that have led to the demise of many, many corps. Nuff said.

The top 12 seem to be doing a-ok, and don't seem to be too short on members willing to fill their corps. I see no problems here.

Edited by THeShadeOfNight