Dear George: Please stop.

Sounds to me like the point of the post has been missed. He's not complaining about the request for donation. But every day would be a bit excessive. A weekly update with an update on the week and a link to donate, that sound a bit better to me.

Sounded to me like another excuse to complain about George Hopkins.

There are plenty of valid reasons out there. This is not one of them.

• Like 2

"I think I'm beginning to like you...

...... yeah, but have I moved ahead of Dana Holgorsen yet on your Like Meter, wvu80 ?

Don't push your luck Brasso. lle.gif

My beloved Mountaineers and Holgersen did not exactly distinguish themselves against Syracuse yesterday. tugowar.gif/>

Edited by wvu80

"I think I'm beginning to like you...

Don't push your luck Brasso. lle.gif

My beloved Mountaineers and Holgersen did not exactly distinguish themselves against Syracuse yesterday. tugowar.gif/>

Haha.... I thought you might think this after yesterday. WVU got themselves into the B12, so in the big picture with all these realignments, their future seems secure, so that be heartening long term for you WVU football fans.

I hear ya OP. I too gave YEA my email when they had a few corps under the YEA umbrella. I clicked on the box "info on corps x only", as opposed to the five other boxes I could have clicked. They proceeded to aim their spam machine gun my way and even lobbed several snail mails aimed at Cadet fans only. It took me a while to unsubscribe, and I still get the occasional post card. Good luck in your quest.

Filters are your friend. You don't need to send all Cadets email to spam, just target the ones with key phrases they use in those emails. If your client doesn't have filters of some kind, sign up for any of the free ones that do.

The internet is not very hard to use.

• Like 1

So I introduced my girlfriend to drum corps four years ago via a movie theater here in Chicago...

...Please, George...dial it back. Just because you have someone's email doesn't mean they need to hear from you every single day.

No. 1 - Unsubscribe yada yada yada ...

Second - Fails to comprehend yada yada yada ...

C. - Selfish complaint yada yada yada ...

Most of all: Seriously? yada yada yada ...

Before I get started I have to point out the obvious: You live in Chicago, which is within easy striking range of numerous live drum corps shows. In fact, Chicago is just three hours from quarters/semis/finals in Indy, yet you "introduced" your girlfriend to the activity in the movies? Why didn't you just pop popcorn in the microwave and show her a DVD? Could have saved the drive to the theater. No offense.

Back on track ... Seriously? You're writing us to report your girlfriend's displeasure? You are her "spokesman" in this urgent matter? She couldn't communicate the crime so you must? We're to believe that you're some sort of objective observer to this felony infraction? You're doing your duty informing the drum corps audience of this malfeasance? Presumably your girlfriend is somehow muzzled (perhaps all this email has swamped her system), so without your vigilance and diligence this offense would have been perpetrated into perpetuity? Because none of us get these email? Or maybe you're hoping we'll realize our harmful complaisance and will rally with you to ...? To what? Complain on DCP? On behalf of others? Because we're not actually the ones offended?

Look, I'm sorry if I sound PO-ed. But the truth is I am put off by second-hand belly-aching like this. What's the point? What's the purpose? As numerous others have pointed out, no one forces us to read anything we don't want to read. As others have pointed out, Cadets give a lot more than average, and so they ask more than average. Is that really as out of balance as your derivative complaint makes it seem?

I don't know if you or your girlfriend have given anything to the Cadets or any corps. I'd suggest that if all of us gave more, more in proportion to the benefit we take, there would be less need for more emails of the sort we're discussing.

HH

• Like 5

THANK YOU. Great post and response, HH!!

Second-hand belly aching and #####ing and moaning on the behalf of someone else.

Good. LORD.

No. 1 - Unsubscribe yada yada yada ...

Second - Fails to comprehend yada yada yada ...

C. - Selfish complaint yada yada yada ...

Most of all: Seriously? yada yada yada ...

Before I get started I have to point out the obvious: You live in Chicago, which is within easy striking range of numerous live drum corps shows. In fact, Chicago is just three hours from quarters/semis/finals in Indy, yet you "introduced" your girlfriend to the activity in the movies? Why didn't you just pop popcorn in the microwave and show her a DVD? Could have saved the drive to the theater. No offense.

Back on track ... Seriously? You're writing us to report your girlfriend's displeasure? You are her "spokesman" in this urgent matter? She couldn't communicate the crime so you must? We're to believe that you're some sort of objective observer to this felony infraction? You're doing your duty informing the drum corps audience of this malfeasance? Presumably your girlfriend is somehow muzzled (perhaps all this email has swamped her system), so without your vigilance and diligence this offense would have been perpetrated into perpetuity? Because none of us get these email? Or maybe you're hoping we'll realize our harmful complaisance and will rally with you to ...? To what? Complain on DCP? On behalf of others? Because we're not actually the ones offended?

Look, I'm sorry if I sound PO-ed. But the truth is I am put off by second-hand belly-aching like this. What's the point? What's the purpose? As numerous others have pointed out, no one forces us to read anything we don't want to read. As others have pointed out, Cadets give a lot more than average, and so they ask more than average. Is that really as out of balance as your derivative complaint makes it seem?

I don't know if you or your girlfriend have given anything to the Cadets or any corps. I'd suggest that if all of us gave more, more in proportion to the benefit we take, there would be less need for more emails of the sort we're discussing.

HH

• Like 1