Is Aaron Guidry, former music writer for Crossmen writing for another

I know kickhaltsforlife is missing Guidry's writing dearly.

Don't get me ####### started.

Yeah the orchestrations didn't help AT ALL. But it wasn't like she had good material to start with.

2008- show announcement: Cool we're playing the planets!!!!

once we get the music: um... so we are just playing random #### based on the planets with the mars motif every 30 seconds. But at least you can tell that it's the planets............sort of.

2009- show announcement: Barber! Medea! Star 93 was awesome!

once we get the music: BULL ####

2010- I can't bring myself to talk about it.

And then the poor Brass caption head gets #### on.

But thankfully, the administration has made some good decisions since then.

Oh and Guidry REFUSES to work with anyone else... so I wonder how much they will actually like him at Colts. The effective parts of 07/08 Crossmen were actually rewrites done by Andrew Yozviak (who could still be arranging in drum corps today if Bones caption head in 06 didn't #### up the entire book.) But Guidry was NOT happy about that at all.

• Like 9

Yeah the orchestrations didn't help AT ALL. But it wasn't like she had good material to start with.

once we get the music: um... so we are just playing random #### based on the planets with the mars motif every 30 seconds. But at least you can tell that it's the planets............sort of.

Oh and Guidry REFUSES to work with anyone else... so I wonder how much they will actually like him at Colts. The effective parts of 07/08 Crossmen were actually rewrites done by Andrew Yozviak (who could still be arranging in drum corps today if Bones caption head in 06 didn't #### up the entire book.) But Guidry was NOT happy about that at all.

I LOL'd

Edited by general_tsos_chicken2

so, how do you really feel?

LOL!

I was beginning to wonder if and when you'd come in here and say something. Seems like you got worked up just a little. ;P

Has anyone considered that the OP joined just prior to the first thread? Could this just be YataForLuda spamming for attention? Just saying....

Edited by SFZFAN
  • Like 1

Oh man, as someone who marched three years of Guidry shows, I am so jealous of all the Colts members that have so much exciting music to look forward to. . .

No, wait. That's wrong. I meant the opposite of that. I meant they have so many years of boring, masturbatory bulls*** to look forward to. They have years of a crazy music designer who thinks his sh** don't stink and rambles on about totally nonsensical faux artistic word-vomit to look forward to. They have years of totally unoriginal reprises of melodies that everyone has heard a thousand times before, to look forward to.

The day the Crossmen got rid of Guidry was the best day of their recent history (and two years too long in the making, Fred Morrison... glad you finally realized the '09 vets were right), so I can't wait to see what the Colts do with Guidry.

• Like 8