Glassmen go inactive for 2013

Moving forward... where are all those auditionees and vets going to march!? If only they had made this decision 3 months earlier those kids would have made plans to audition for another corps... now??? :sad:/>/> :sad:/>/>

This was just posted by Erin Carr, one of the Glassmen Alumni Association board members, on the GAA Facebook group:

In light of our Corps' recent status change, the Alum Board would like to ensure that our vets have an opportunity to perform with another corps this coming summer. If anyone is aware of openings for any corps in any section, please post here or on the Glassmen Family page. Please use your contacts and shake some trees!!! Many thanks in advance.

If you know of ANY openings in ANY corps, whether it be DCI World Class, DCI Open Class, DCA Open Class, DCA Class A, please post it here and/or message me so I can forward that info on to the people that need it most now.

• Like 3

Moving forward... where are all those auditionees and vets going to march!? If only they had made this decision 3 months earlier those kids would have made plans to audition for another corps... now??? :sad:/>/> :sad:/>/>

and, where is all the money they paid for auditions? will that be refunded?

• Like 3

There are open positions in all sections with the Colts. You can contact the director Vicki MacFarlane at colts@colts.org or you can visit the colts website at www.colts.org The Colts are holding open auditions at the January camp which takes place Jan. 11-13 at the Five Flags Center in downtown Dubuque. Details about the camp and audition process are on the website.

• Like 1

I'm devastated to learn this, as I'm sure is the rest of the drum corps community. The lyrics from "Big Yellow Taxi" come to mind. "You don't know what you've got 'til it's gone."

I commend the board of directors for deciding to work towards paying off the debt. Hopefully, that will assure that future Glassmen corps will be able to take the field without a debt cloud hanging over the corps.

It sound like the board, as painful as it must be, is making the proper and responsible decision to take off a year to build up a stronger organization. While the corps will be missed on the field in 2013, the corps' supporters will be grateful to know that the upcoming season is bringing us closer to the time when Glassmen can come back, renewed, and stay with us far into the future.

Godspeed, Glassmen, and please keep us up-to-date on the success of your continuing efforts so all of us can look forward to welcoming your dedicated members back into competition.

(Edited for typo.)

Edited by Michael Boo
  • Like 1

Seems like there should be a push for adaptive financial stability throughout the activity to prevent it from imploding (certainly from losing valuable members).

After Teal Sound had their problems last year, DCP had loads of discussion about this area. A little digital gymnastics on your keyboard should get you to the thread(s).

Sad news indeed, At least they pulled out this early. Had a friend who was planning on marching there, and now she (as many others) are looking for other corps to spend their summer with. Good Luck to all the members on finding spots.

This absolutely sucks.

It's never good news when a corps sits out a year... but I fully understand the Glassmen's reasons for doing so, and I salute them for making such a tough decision.

I hope they come back strong in 2014 and beyond.