Glassmen go inactive for 2013

There are still spots open at Jersey Surf I believe. There are in the pit at least.

Yeah, Surf will take anyone with a good attitude. I'm hoping to see a lot of Glassmen recruits in a few weeks! thumbup.gif

• Like 1

There are open positions in all sections with the Colts. You can contact the director Vicki MacFarlane at colts@colts.org or you can visit the colts website at www.colts.org The Colts are holding open auditions at the January camp which takes place Jan. 11-13 at the Five Flags Center in downtown Dubuque. Details about the camp and audition process are on the website.

Camp details will be posted shortly on www.colts.org As a Glassmen alum, I can assure you that there are open positions in all sections of the Colts and would welcome any Glassmen veteran or new auditionee to come participate in the January 11-15th camp weekend.

Yeah, Surf will take anyone with a good attitude. I'm hoping to see a lot of Glassmen recruits in a few weeks! thumbup.gif

If you have any info regarding getting in touch with Surf for the 2013 G-Men auditionees, post it in this thread on the Glassmen Family Facebook group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/204290246256090/permalink/545379668813811/).

• Like 1

If you know of ANY openings in ANY corps, whether it be DCI World Class, DCI Open Class, DCA Open Class, DCA Class A, please post it here and/or message me so I can forward that info on to the people that need it most now.

I would bet every DCA corps either has plenty of remaining spots or hasn't started locking spots in at all. I understand that many of these players will want to exhaust every DCI option first, but when those spots fill, I would strongly encourage them to give DCA a look.

I'm not sure how many people Glassmen draw from the South, but just in case, Atlanta CV is considering every spot open at least until our next camp for horns and percussion January 12-13. After that, I can't make any promises about percussion spots, but I'm sure we could audition some more horns.

Edited by Tyler C.
  • Like 2

I would bet every DCA corps either has plenty of remaining spots or hasn't started locking spots in at all. I understand that many of these auditionees will want to exhaust every DCI option first, but when those spots fill, I would strongly encourage them to give DCA a look.

Heck, we've already had people from Cabs and Cadets2 offering these kids a chance to march. The way DCI is going, maybe DCA would be a better option.

• Like 2

There are also spots open in the Raiders. Our next camp is next week on the 11th-13th. Great corps to be a part of!

Information can be found on our website: http://raidersdbc.org/home.php

Sad to hear this news. Here's hoping to see the Glassmen return in 2014, stronger than ever.

While I hate to see any corps go inactive, I applaud the BOD for making the decision at this point in the season to insure that the members and potential members can seek out other opportunities for the season. I hope that all the vets (especially the ageouts) find a junior corps to march with if that is what they want to do. If the DCI experience is not an option for them, we would certainly welcome any vets or prospective members with open arms if they were in driving distance of Atlanta and wanted to explore the DCA all age corps experience with Atlanta CV.

Here's hoping ALL the kids find a place to march and have a positive drum corps experience this summer, WHEREVER they may find it.

All the best to the members, staff, volunteers, alums and friends of the Glassmen as they travel the difficult road to get back on the field in the future.

AA

• Like 2

To contact Jersey Surf...

www.jerseysurf.org

Hope Glassmen auditionee's will consider this awesome corps.

• Like 2

To contact Jersey Surf...

www.jerseysurf.org

Hope Glassmen auditionee's will consider this awesome corps.

One look at last year's video should be enough to convince them. :D

Very sorry to hear this. I have been a glassmen fan for a long time. I am on staff with Pioneer and would like to invite anyone to come audition. There is a camp next weekend in Milwaukee and 2 satellite camps in February. One in Virginia and one in New York. Both camps are February 8 and 9. Check www.pioneer-corps.org for more information.