Glassmen go inactive for 2013

Very sorry to hear this. I have been a glassmen fan for a long time. I am on staff with Pioneer and would like to invite anyone to come audition. There is a camp next weekend in Milwaukee and 2 satellite camps in February. One in Virginia and one in New York. Both camps are February 8 and 9. Check www.pioneer-corps.org for more information.

Candy - I just posted this in the Glassmen Family and Glassmen Alumni Association Facebook groups. Thank you for helping our G kids.

• Like 1

This was just posted by Erin Carr, one of the Glassmen Alumni Association board members, on the GAA Facebook group:

If you know of ANY openings in ANY corps, whether it be DCI World Class, DCI Open Class, DCA Open Class, DCA Class A, please post it here and/or message me so I can forward that info on to the people that need it most now.

Legends, from Kalamazoo, Michigan still has openings in all sections. January 11-13 is the next audition camp, and February 22-24 is the camp following that. February is typically used as the final round of auditions for the corps. The colorguard will not meet again until April 26-28. If anybody has any questions, head to legendspaa.org. Kalamazoo, where the corps holds camps, is just over 2 hours away from Toledo and Legends is the closest corps to the Glassmen, geographically.

Derek Faasse

Brass Supervisor

Legends Drum and Bugle Corps

Edited by derekfaasse
  • Like 2

BDB will be holding their informational meeting this Sunday in Concord,

http://bluedevils.org/programs/b/2013/

First focus for G alumni is getting those kids that auditioned this year with corps they can march with. Age-outs are the primary focus, but we want to find spots for ALL of the 2013 G Family.

Next for the alumni is to put together fundraising opportunities which will allow us to give back to the organization that shaped us into who we are today. If you are a Glassmen alumni, go to http://www.glassmenalumni.org/, read up on what we've done so far, and register. Also, if you are on Facebook, there are Glassmen Family and Glassmen Alumni Association groups. The G Family group is open and you will need an invitation to join the Alumni group.

We are doing everything to ensure that the music will never end and that the Experience of a Lifetime we had is there for future G family members.

It's absolutely heartbreaking to hear that my first corps, the Glassmen, will not be fielding in 2013. In 2009, the corps gave me a shot, a position I was wholly unqualified for. I was a mess. But, instead of treating that as an impediment, the members and staff went out of their way to help me get up to speed. They chose what was right, not what was easy.

Ultimately, that is what this decision is about. The Board had to make a gut-wrenching call, but I believe this was the right decision. If the organization needs a year to gather itself financially, we alumni, fans, friends and supporters must do what needs to be done.

The Board as made its call. Now we have a choice. There is no point in sniping or blaming anyone or anything. We must move forward. We must make that right choice to support the Board and support their efforts to get the corps onto solid financial ground. Moreover, we must support ourselves as we work through this difficult development.

This is not the end of the Glassmen. Sure, it's a speed bump, and a big one at that. But, as any Glassmen will tell you, it is in those most difficult moments in rehearsal that true excellence is achieved. We can get through this and succeed, but only if we make the right choice.

• Like 3

Pass the word to Glassmen mellos - Crown is still in need of lead mello players. Still 1 Audition Camp Left.

Pass the word to Glassmen mellos - Crown is still in need of lead mello players. Still 1 Audition Camp Left.

Passed and thank you.