G7 Update

You mentioned the " bad economic environment in this country. Ok. Maybe the rich in this country should put together a proposal that would only allow people over a certain income level be allowed to vote. Afterall, they are the " consistently successful ", and the poor and the middle class should " listen to their input from the successful" by simply relinquising their right to vote to them. For example, one has to make an income of $300,000 per year. If you don't make that sort of yearly income,... and " consistently"... could the rich count on YOU to give up your right to vote ? to them ? Would you vote to give UP your right to vote ?

don't give them ideas man

:tongue:/>

There sure is a lot of cynicism and paranoia associated with this thread. I feel that the proposal from the 7 is reasonable, level headed, and makes sense for the future of this activity. Why don't the most consistently successful corps have a vote in DCI? That is flat out bad business, DCI is not taking advantage of input from the most successful. No one will convince me that the talk of this being a "power grab" is anything but anti-Hop rhetoric, plain and simple. We have a really bad economic environment in this country, keeping a drum corps alive is a challenging endeavor. If DCI doesn't listen to input from the successful in this activity, they will not survive. I say kudos to the 7 for thinking outside of the box and trying to ensure the future of this great but fragile activity.

These corps don't have a vote and can't give their input in DCI??????? What is the status of the G7 and DCI BoD talks?

Keeping DC alive is challenging and when the top corps wants more of the money is becomes ####### impossible if you're not one of them. Just keep picturing certain G7 members looking in the mirror and saying "I am Drum Corps".

And if GH was on the outside of G7 looking in would that still be your opinion?

Edited by JimF-LowBari

why doesnt it make sense?

they claim DCI is broken.

Who were the directors leading it down that road on the BOD?

these directors, especially the 3 ringleaders.

I mean Jesus, we ##### about the idiots in Congress doing nothing, but then voting themselves a raise. This is even worse

The same 3 nitwits that complain about " DCI being broken " are the same 3 nitwits that are mostly reponsible for it. Its the NEW Executive Board of DCI ( younger too ) that has came in to clean up the mess that THEY ( the old dinosaurs ) left behind when they put into place policies and initiatives that made things worse, not better.

Oh the irony of it all.

Edited by BRASSO

(Only when Dan and I are installed will there be real, positive change in the governance of the activity. Trust us. We're "Willing To Try") :tongue:

Yet another sign the Apocalypse is near. :lol:

Is there anyone else out there who's tired of the artsy-side of things polluting the business of drum corps?

Will there ever be a BOD that focuses on the business of drum corps instead of what tune will be played during retreat?

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

• Like 1

Is there anyone else out there who's tired of the artsy-side of things polluting the business of drum corps?

Will there ever be a BOD that focuses on the business of drum corps instead of what tune will be played during retreat?

What's retreat? Seriously..... about every thing changed or b-worded about the last bunch of years has some base in finances. Yes... even going to Bb had financial reasons. I'd say take a break on changes that add more expense for the next 2-3 years and concentrate on bringing in more revenue.