G7 Update

How about a compromise? Let the 7 back in...with a 15 member board.

Garry in Vegas

• Like 6

Honestly, I have no problem granting them what they request. The top placing corps should have the biggest voice in the activity. And if you want to gain a voice, it's pretty simple...get better.

Yes and no... While I agree that they should have a voice, the "interests" of the top 12 corps don't always align with the interests of the bottom 12 corps in World Class. In fact, I would even be willing to say that they rarely do outside of the most broad sense of serving youth. The "interests" differ even further when you venture into the Open Class level.

• Like 1

Yes and no... While I agree that they should have a voice, the "interests" of the top 12 corps don't always align with the interests of the bottom 12 corps in World Class. In fact, I would even be willing to say that they rarely do outside of the most broad sense of serving youth. The "interests" differ even further when you venture into the Open Class level.

And I'd like to add that the corps below the top 12, don't have as much money as the corps in the top 12 do. So thus, if they're looking for answers and ways to remedy their financial situation, then they need to hear from the side that is not as well to do.

• Like 1

Is 7 still more than 50% of 12? :ph34r:

Regarding Garry's proposal; is 7 still less than 50% of 15? :cool:

That's possibly a sticking point on both sides.

In the words of Watergate's Deep Throat, "Follow the money."

thumb_COLOURBOX3611945.jpg

Edited by Michael Boo
  • Like 1

Obviously the "7" have been keeping their powder dry and making sure they were prepared for this announcement. They now feel emboldened to make the move they had planned 3 years ago while the DCI community hoped that the activity would re-invigorate somehow. Teal and Glassmen among others have made them need to move.

• Like 1

Well all i can say to Gibbs is if you take the A corps away then you no longer get the name Blue Devils and i am sure BDB will do just as good a job of climbing to the top as they did back in the 70's.

• Like 1

From the 990 thread...

I'd like to know if Crown had to borrow the $3,250 they had to pony up to be part of this new "venture".

(And they're not alone in that struggle...)

Carolina Crown

Revenue and Expenses

Total Revenue

2009: $1,379,567

2010: $1,482,537 (plus $102,970 [7.5%] from 2009)

2011: $1,586,936 (plus $104,399 [7%] from 2010, plus $207,369 [15%] from 2009

Total Expenses

2009: $1,362,113

2010: $1,489,786 (plus $127,673 [9.4%] from 2009)

2011: $1,588,600 (plus $96,814 [6.5%] from 2010, plus $226,487 [16.6%] from 2009

Revenue less Expenses

2009: $17,454

2010: ($7,249) a loss

2011: ($1,664) a loss

• Like 7

Dear 7,

To quote U.S. Army General Anthony "Old Crock" McAuliffe, when the Germans requested the Allies surrender Bastone during the Battle of the Bulge...

"Nuts!"

And we all know how that turned out.

Love,

The Other 13

Edited by garfield
  • Like 7