G7 Update

I'd say that given some of the numbers from the 990 thread, the "WE7" aren't necessarily in a position to negotiate.

What kind of financial hit will DCI shows take if WE7 aren't there? On the flip side, I don't see that WE7 is stable enough to venture out on their own. Just a matter of who blinks first I guess.

• Like 1

What kind of financial hit will DCI shows take if WE7 aren't there? On the flip side, I don't see that WE7 is stable enough to venture out on their own. Just a matter of who blinks first I guess.

The WE7 have already bailed out of a quarter of their usual schedule of DCI shows with the MIM series. Let them do what they will, and let's move on.

• Like 6

Not trying to be an a**h*** here... However, doesn't posting an email communication from the directors of the 7 written to just the other DCI directors actually go against DCP policy?

OK... perhaps this thread won't be 400 pages after all. :tongue:

Not trying to be an a**h*** here... However, doesn't posting an email communication from the directors of the 7 written to just the other DCI directors actually go against DCP policy?

Seems you're correct.

Drum Corps Planet Community Guidelines

(Updated: December 2009)

We welcome your participation in the Drum Corps Planet (DCP) online community, which includes Drum Corps Planet, Marching Band Planet (MBP), and Color Guard Planet (CGP). We try to provide the highest quality community experience for all of our members and following these guidelines is the best way to maintain an appropriate environment for all age groups.

These guidelines apply to all DCP communications, including forum posts, Private Messages and all e-mail sent via DCP directories. These guidelines are very basic and we hope that you read them fully. We reserve the right to update, modify or edit these guidelines at any time and without notice.

We reserve the right to warn, suspend or ban any member - or to edit or remove any post - that violates these guidelines.

Posting Guidelines: Members shall not post --

--personal attacks on other Community members or non-members

--harrassing or threatening posts

--flaming or trolling posts

--profanity, or circumvent the word filters in place

--references or links to to illegal activity

--graphic or suggestive sexual material

--any reference to material considered political or religious in nature

--copyrighted material, links or search instructions to copyrighted material (specifically, music and video)

--emails, private messages, instant messages and anything not written by the person doing the actual posting

--off-topic posts in a thread. (if you want to talk about something else, start a new thread.)

--issues directed at a single member (use our built-in Private Messenger feature for that)

--under multiple screen names (this will get all of your names banned without notice)

--threads or posts dealing with forum rules. (See the e-mail link below to do that.)

--commercial advertisements

--links to competitor websites

• Like 1

Maybe. But it wasn't addressed to just the other dci directors. Go back and take another look. It was addressed to the membership of drum corps international. Whatever that means....

Edited by HockeyDad

So many had said the G7 thing was over, others said they were meeting as we speak and will come out into the light of day soon. Here we are.

As far as I can tell, there is no way the current board is going to approve this mess. The G7 corps blew it a few years ago, that might have been there best chance to take over DCI. I don't think they have a strong position now and I can only wish godspeed to the current powers that be in DCI to straighten this out.

• Like 3

--copyrighted material, links or search instructions to copyrighted material (specifically, music and video)

--emails, private messages, instant messages and anything not written by the person doing the actual posting

These rules are not enforced in general (see the show threads filled with copyrighted non-self-authored tweets which are not removed). And this kind of message is not what the rules are meant to apply to in any case.

• Like 1