G7 Update

I wonder how the group that finishes DEAD LAST will feel....

I wonder how that one will feel going on when the sun is up?

I wonder how that one will feel about losing 3 hours of practice time to arrive at the stadium on time?

I wonder how that one will feel about being blocked from leaving the parking after their show, because they arrived and were parked first, thereby losing the practice/feeding/down time they had to give up to arrive first?

These are the things that, typically, these corps have not had to deal with for many years and, in some cases, decades.

I wonder indeed.

• Like 8

Didn't Madison win twice (75, 88); Anaheim & Star once? Oh I see, perhaps you are counting the ties to offset some of that? Still not working but I am not best at math in public.

Oops, I was wrong; it is 'not' 39 but actually 40 combined World Class Titles:

BD 15 (two ties)

Cadets 10 (one tie)

Cavaliers 7 (one tie)

SCV 6 (one tie)

PR 2 (one tie)

Total 40

I wonder how that one will feel about losing 3 hours of practice time to arrive at the stadium on time?

I wonder how that one will feel about being blocked from leaving the parking after their show, because they arrived and were parked first, thereby losing the practice/feeding/down time they had to give up to arrive first?

These are the things that, typically, these corps have not had to deal with for many years and, in some cases, decades.

I wonder indeed.

Devils Advocate here:

a) Has all of this not occurred at all of the previous TOC events without any complaints from the G7?

b) If the G7 completely break-off from DCI who says their shows will be the same competitive format as the DCI shows?

Devils Advocate here:

a) Has all of this not occurred at all of the previous TOC events without any complaints from the G7?

b) If the G7 completely break-off from DCI who says their shows will be the same competitive format as the DCI shows?

You're right, of course. They could all go on the field at the same time! Like 11 minutes of retreat!

:tongue:/>

garfield-

I wonder about the potential loss of revenue split from the world championships and other big-time, DCI-sponsored regional events, like the one closest to me, Allentown.

I would susect their rationale is that they can make more net income off of their own shows than the revenue their giving up from the DCI shows.

I wonder indeed.

George will just wake them up even earlier....

• Like 2

I wonder indeed.

Sun doesn't matter if you only play indoors....but I suspect that "innovation" (pun unintended) is on their longer-term agenda