Season 19 Discussion

StarOrg

Scores for semis are up. In World Class, Star of Jupiter opened up a sizable lead on Polaris Regiment while Quiksilver made a big jump from 7th up to 3rd. 3 rookie corps, Scarlet Armada, Euphony Empire and #1 Corps secured spots in finals while a 4th, Circle City Sound, just barely edged out veteran Feenicks for the last spot in tomorrow's finals.

In Open Class, Star of Hawaii moved ahead of Texas Zephyrs while The Screws moved up to 3rd place. In Class A, Cross maintained their lead in first place while Hg and Chicago Sound flipped positions.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few years ago, I can't remember who, there was a corps that swept all three Championships shows in their class, Prelims, Semis, and Finals. I think it's only happened once in the past several seasons, though.

Well, either Polaris Regiment's GE scores are going to jump up a full point from Semis to Finals, or I am getting raped on the generated scores. :tongue:

It ain't over till it's over. :cool:

Today is finals day! All events will take place at Williams-Brice Stadium for a jam-packed day.

A special congratulations is order to the StarOrg corps (Star of Jupiter, Star of Hawaii and Cross) for clinching the Sweepstakes Awards for their respective divisions after last night's semifinals. Tonight's round will determine which StarOrg will reign supreme as the most consistent (and most dominant) corps of the season.

Here is the schedule for today's competing corps. All times are CST.

Class A

12:00: Supremacy

12:17: Hoosier Regiment

12:34: The Bolts

12:51: Cape Cod Regiment

1:30: Xothyme

1:47: Chicago Sound

2:04: Hg

2:21: Cross

Open Class

3:00: Nastalgia

3:17: Scarlet Regiment

3:34: Stardom

3:51: Spirit of Indy

4:08: Les Blanc Chevaliers

4:25: River City Rhapsody

5:00: Oregon Marauders

5:17: Chicago Enforcers

5:34: Mercury

5:51: The Screws

6:08: Texas Zephyrs

6:25: Star of Hawaii

World Class

7:00: Circle City Sound

7:17: #1 Corps

7:34: Euphony Empire

7:51: The Knights

8:08: The Stud Bolts

8:25: River City Regiment

9:00: Scarlet Armada

9:17: Nastalgia Vanguard

9:34: Fleur de Lis

9:51: Quiksilver

10:08: Polaris Regiment

10:25: Star of Jupiter

10:45: Retreat and Awards

Scores from finals have been posted. Congratulations to our new champs. The most competitive race of the night was actually in Open Class, where Texas Zephyrs claimed their second title in a nail-biter of a finish over Mercury and Star of Hawaii.

See you all in the summer for season 20!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that I've gotten that out of the way: my complements to the other corps in Open this year for making this one of the most competitive years ever.

Also: kudos to the kids on the field this year. I don't think I've ever seen a show that had equal effect for both the performers and the audience. It was amazing...and I don't think it's something we'll ever be able to replicate.

Next mission: win a live season! See y'all in May/June!

First off, congrats to all the new directors/corps that made finals. I really hope we can get the numbers back up for this summer. We need to spread the word.

With 2 champions and a bronze the Star camp was a happy place last night. It was the first win for Jupiter since back in Season VI. Cross is a 4-time winner in Class A.

Very well deserved for Zephyrs and Mercury also had a great performance in Open.

See everyone this summer for our 20th!

On behalf of Circle City Sound, Spirit of Indy and Hoosier Regiment, CONGRATULATIONS to all corps on a great season! We look forward to competing with you all in future seasons. It was our goal at the beginning of the year to be competitive in or inaugural season and for all 3 to make Finals was huge for our organization. Thanks to all for a great competitive season!

Congrats to this season's champions and to everyone who participated! While we may have slipped a bit in finals, it was still a successful season for the Armada and the Regiment. Time to look ahead to the summer!

Congratulations to the StarOrg, the most dominant organization in DCPI history, for picking up their 17th, 18th, and 19th medals, including their 7th and 8th gold medals. Unbelievable!

Congratulations to the Texas Zephyrs for their 2nd Open Class championship!

Polaris Regiment finished 2nd or 3rd for the fourth consecutive season. You'd think that eventually I'll be able to figure this game out and get over that hump. Maybe in Season 20. Still, Forward Dynamics grabbed their 14th and 15th medals with two more bronzes. With 29 individual corps seasons under our belt, we're still medalling at a better than 50% clip!

Congratulations to all!