Thoughts on SoA 2013?

Of course this is all speculation but one fact is for sure. Spirit has a much larger talent pool to pull from this year. With over 1000 requests for information and 500 registrations, this represents double the number from last year. They are certainly doing something right...my guess would be a lot of somethings right.

...just sayin'

Dan

• Like 2

The only things I've seen that would make me think contrary to Spirit moving up are:

Blue Devils

Carolina Crown

Cadets

Phantom Regiment

SCV

Bluecoats

Boston Crusaders

Cavaliers

Madison Scouts

Blue Knights

:tongue:/>/> :tongue:/>/> :tongue:/>/> :tongue:/>/>

Not a Spirit hater at all, in fact I have a couple of students marching there :) Just difficult to move up, is all.

Agree that it is difficult to move up, but probably no more difficult than it was for them to move up from 17th to 16, from 16th to 12th and from 12th to 11th. I think their track record of late shows that they're up to the task. :)

Again, they've moved up in each and every one of the past three seasons. How many other corps have done that? (Hint: Just one, and their initials are P.R.)

Edited by oldsoprano

Agree that it is difficult to move up, but probably no more difficult than it was for them to move up from 17th to 16, from 16th to 12th and from 12th to 11th. I think their track record of late shows that they're up to the task. :)

Again, they've moved up in each and every one of the past three seasons. How many other corps have done that? (Hint: Just one, and their initials are P.R.)

Oh, don't get me wrong, I like Spirit a lot.

I'm just saying that for anyone to move up, they have to pass people, and I'm sure those corps all have their own intentions to move up as well :)

I'm not a hater! :thumbup:

The only things I've seen that would make me think contrary to Spirit moving up are:

Blue Devils

Carolina Crown

Cadets

Phantom Regiment

SCV

Bluecoats

Boston Crusaders

Cavaliers

Madison Scouts

Blue Knights

:tongue:/> :tongue:/> :tongue:/> :tongue:/>

Not a Spirit hater at all, in fact I have a couple of students marching there :) Just difficult to move up, is all.

I agree that it is hard to move up, but of the ten corps you mentioned who placed ahead of Spirit, none of them repeated their 2011 placement in 2012. Blue Devils, Crown, Phantom, SCV, Bluecoats, BAC, Madison all moved up, Cavies, Blue Knights, and Cadets placed lower. My guess is that Crossmen will be building off of last year's success and Spirit could likewise move ahead. It will depend on the quality of their show, the return of veterans and the talent of rookies.