Big Announcement from DCI coming Friday

"Battle?".... DCI Finals moving to Gettysburg, PA for 150th Anniversary of the Battle?

All I got at 7AM....

"Battle?".... DCI Finals moving to Gettysburg, PA for 150th Anniversary of the Battle?

All I got at 7AM....

Now THIS would be fantastic! My second home.... :worthy::worthy::worthy:

Someone who isn't me please start a poll to ask what we all think this earth-shaking announcement will be.

What are some of the possibilities we can include?

Here are ten I can imagine being possibilities...

•DCI will partner with ABC for an upcoming series on "The Bachelor," with George Hopkins looking for someone to help fill in the four hours every day that he isn't in the YEA office and/or on the Internet.

•Brandt Crocker will be announcing the Super Bowl.

•DCI is taking the word "battle" literally by signing with the WWE to promote the activity by sending various corps instructors into the ring with only their wits and superior "breathe-dah" training.

•Dan Potter's "Field Pass" has scored an exclusive interview with Lance Armstrong, who is going to spill some things he held back from Oprah, including how he beat the blood testing system by eating baked beans from Cavaliers' food truck.

•For the 20th anniversary of the corps' last season in DCI, Star of Indiana is coming back to perform a show based on music from the hit 2012 instant classic film, "The Oogieloves in the Big Ballroom Adventure."

•Five words: Michael Cesario's Chocolate Bath Beads.

•The unveiling of a signed contract agreeing to hold the World Championships in Indianapolis for the next 47 years.

•A new class for corps that are entirely computer-generated holograms.

•DCI is also partnering with ABC for the new series, "Dancing With the G7."

•Announcing that 2013 is "The Year of the Retro," all Finals programs will be offered on cinescopes of flammable nitrate celluloid.

• Like 6

As part of the newly signed executive orders....DCI will nolonger be able to toss rifles in their productions.

Too soon? :rolleyes:/>

• Like 3

As part of the newly signed executive orders....DCI will nolonger be able to toss rifles in their productions.

Too soon? :rolleyes:/>/>

Just a little bit...maybe only by 15 or 20 years.

Personally I think it'll be the announcement that, instead of the traditional marching competition to determine the champion, they will instead host a Battleship tournament where each corps will play in a double elimination bracket.

Even if it's not that, though, please do not let it be in any way, shape, or form a tie-in to that mega-blockbuster movie Battleship...

I don't know what this is about but here is what I was told.

I asked a friend "in the know" for his opinion of the recent G7 letter and told me that he rather not comment, BUT there would be an announcement soon that would "restore my faith in the activity".

What that means, I don't know.

How about this one????

The Top 6 of DCI World Class... competes against

The Top 6 of Bands of America ... in a pay-per-view competition.

I asked a friend "in the know" for his opinion of the recent G7 letter and told me that he rather not comment, BUT there would be an announcement soon that would "restore my faith in the activity".

What that means, I don't know.

Guessing the news will be spun by DA.

Edited by Ghost